Motif is hiring interns for Summer 2023!
General Program Info:
- Dates: June 5 - August 10, 2023 (10 weeks)
- Up to full time/40 hours/week, 9am-5pm
- Location: Either our Boston office or Northborough Plant:
- 27 Dry Dock Ave 2nd Floor Boston MA 02210
- 30 Bearfoot Road, Northborough MA 01532
- Pay: $25/hour
- Completion of program will require a presentation of the internship with a summary of the project(s) completed
- Undergraduate, graduate, or new-grad preferred
- Must be a US citizen, no Visa sponsorship is available
- Local to our Boston or Northborough locations (no company-sponsored transportation, relocation, or housing is available)
Ingredient Discovery Intern
Ingredient Discovery Intern will support the Food Discovery & Design team in establishing our Ingredient Discovery Protocol development of processes for evaluating new ingredients and technologies. They will work to develop and finalize testing methods and SOPs for optimization of ingredient evaluations. Support work to identify, evaluate and test data management systems to implement for team use. Support evaluation and development to further improve and/or create model formulas and evaluation methods.
- Builds and advances food and beverage formulation and testing capabilities.
- Conducts hands-on, day-to-day new product development, application, and food process development activities.
- Designs and conducts experiments to test the functionality of Motif’s ingredients in the most appropriate product model systems.
- Analyzes and interprets data to understand relationships between ingredient structure/function and applications performance and make recommendations.
- Compiles procedure documents for developed methods
- Prepares and delivers technical presentations and product showings to internal customers/contacts.
- Remains abreast of new/competitive technologies as they emerge and determine their application and/or impact to Motif Ingredients.