Motif is hiring interns for Summer 2023!
General Program Info:
- Dates: June 5 - August 10, 2023 (10 weeks)
- Up to full time/40 hours/week, 9am-5pm
- Location: Either our Boston office or Northborough Plant:
- 27 Dry Dock Ave 2nd Floor Boston MA 02210
- 30 Bearfoot Road, Northborough MA 01532
- Pay: $25/hour
- Completion of program will require a presentation of the internship with a summary of the project(s) completed
- Undergraduate, graduate, or new-grad preferred
- Must be a US citizen, no Visa sponsorship is available
- Local to our Boston or Northborough locations (no company-sponsored transportation, relocation, or housing is available)
Analytical Science Intern
We are seeking a self-motivated and detail-oriented intern with lab experience to join our team in the field of protein analytics. The successful candidate will work closely with the team to support ongoing research and development projects. The primary responsibility of this role will be to assist with the purification and analysis of proteins using various analytical techniques.
- Support day-to-day laboratory operations within Analytical Development (e.g., sample preparation, sampleanalysis, lab compliance, and lab organization).
- Perform protein purification using chromatography techniques.
- Conduct protein analysis using SDS-PAGE, western blotting, HPLC, and other analytical methods (BLI, CE, etc.)
- Help maintain laboratory equipment and inventory.
- Assist with experimental design, implementation, data analysis and documentation, and report summarization.
- Collaborate with other members of the team to achieve project goals.
- BS or MS degree in analytical chemistry or related field of study (biochemistry, biotechnology,Bioengineering or Chemistry, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge in areas of separation science, analytical and bioanalytical chemistry
- Lab experience in protein purification and analysis
- Comprehension of basic laboratory techniques and equipment
- Familiarity with software tools used in data analysis and documentation
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new techniques and protocols
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment