At New School Foods, our mission is to accelerate the transition to a kinder, healthier, alt-protein-first food system. Using our proprietary production technology, we create zero-compromise meat alternatives designed to enable global impact. Our healthy, whole-cut, plant-based filets are made to look, cook, taste and flake just like fish. All with a lower carbon footprint, and zero harm to the ocean.
A Production Line Assistant at New School Foods, works closely with our Production Assistant to ensure the smooth operation of our production line. Your primary responsibilities will include executing various steps of the production process, supporting packaging tasks, implementing changes to the production line, and maintaining a clean and organized workstation.Please note:
that this is a part-time, 20-hours a week role to help us ramp up production. The hours for this role are 9am - 5pm on Monday and Tuesday and 9 to 1pm on Wednesday. It will be a 6-month contract with potential to go full-time.As a Production Line Assistant, you will:
You will bring:
- Complete various steps of our production process, including weighing and measuring ingredients, operating machinery, and supporting packaging tasks.
- Implement changes to the production line as directed by management.
- Set up small appliances on the production line and ensure they are functioning correctly.
- Problem-solve any issues that arise during production, escalating to management as needed.
- Report any issues with machinery or equipment to relevant managers promptly.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation, adhering to sanitation and hygiene standards.
- Support food safety and quality initiatives, following guidelines and protocols to ensure product integrity.
- 1-year experience working on a small production line in food is necessary.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies used in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) is a bonus.
- Ability to lift and move some small equipment weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions accurately.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.