The Brand Manager will help with the day-to-day business management as well as drive the Konscious Foods brand development and marketing strategies and executions. This role requires a balance of strategic thinking, business management, data analysis, and marketing acumen. The ideal candidate is a driven forward-thinker, has an eye for both big picture thinking and day to day detail and is flexible, working well in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
This role reports directly to the VP of Marketing and will work with the Creative Director, and heads of Innovation, Sales, and Operations.
- Assist the Marketing team in owning the business and marketing objectives, creating the brand and marketing strategy, and launch support plans
- Assist in the development of the annual operating and strategic marketing plans and budget
- Be the Brand champion to ensure consistency of message and visual identity across all vendors and platforms
- Manages agencies to ensure development of campaigns and collateral are within brand standards and on time
- Own marketing plans and executions
- Develops digital and social strategy
- Writes messaging to be used across corporate, customer, and consumer communications
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and key vendors (agency, design, etc.) to develop brand and marketing programs and marketing collateral
- Manage the marketing budget
- Work cross-functionally to execute new product development, commercialization and go-to-market strategies
- Analyze trends, sales data, and market research to provide consumer, customer, competitive, and channel insights to inform marketing strategy, innovation and new product development
- Partner closely with Sales to gain a deeper understanding of our customers and recommend retail and shopper marketing programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required. MBA a plus.
- 5 or more years of experience in a role supporting marketing, brand management, or product management.
- Experience in helping develop strategic plans and marketing plans
- Experience managing marketing agencies
- 3+ years working with cross-functional teams
- 3+ years of experience managing budgets
- 3+ years of experience in a role assisting with the development of new or existing products or strategies from conception to implementation
- 3+ years of experience analyzing business trends and financial metrics, including sales, return on investments, and profit and loss, comfortable with syndicated data
- Passionate about culture and brands and have a strong knowledge of marketing vehicles and marketing fundamentals
- An analytical strategic thinker, balance data-driven decisions with strong marketing instinct
- Strong organizational, prioritization and problem-solving abilities
- Naturally curiosity, you have an eye for both big picture thinking and day to day detail
- A clear communicator, both orally and in writing
- Able to work independently and communicate and escalate problems appropriately
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing start-up environment
- Have a strong sense of ownership and drive and be a self-starter
- Like building systems, tools, and processes from the ground up