Provide the Quality and Food Safety department with support functions to enable the most efficient and effective safe food release possible. Accomplishing direct support tasks on a routine basis as well as directly assisting the QA Team with all miscellaneous tasks that may interfere with the daily workload.
· Review Production documents for accuracy and adherence to established processes, procedures and controls. Maintain PCQI status.
· Identify non-conformances in production documents and initiate initial corrective actions, placing product on hold, notifying QA leadership, responsible parties for follow up.
· Own positive release process, including communication across functions.
· Enter results from finished product samples into reporting systems.
· Proof read COAs.
· Help develop programs, procedures to assist facility in producing and releasing safe food.
· Additional duties as assigned
Specific Measures of Success
· Demonstrate ability to evaluate food safety and production documentation for accuracy, complete all task and documentation with high attention to detail.
· Demonstrate ability to work in a People Safe manner by reporting near misses and accidents within 24 hours to plant management, participating in Safety Observation walkthroughs, submitting Work Orders for safety concerns, and by maintaining uncluttered walkways with good housekeeping practices.
· Demonstrate ability to work in a Food Safe manner by communicating food safety or food quality concerns appropriately, showing leadership in quality initiatives, and by always following plant GMPs and policies.
· GED or HS diploma.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently in a People Safe and Food Safe manner in a manufacturing environment.
· Demonstrated ability use Microsoft office suite to enter data and prepare reports.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate in an effective manner.
· Passion to make food that people love and is safe for all of our customers.
· PCQI/HACCP certifications highly desired, but will train the right candidate.