This position reports to the North America Controller and is responsible for a full spectrum of accounting functions in our fast-paced finance organization. These functions include supporting the monthly, quarterly, annual accounting close process. This position will work closely with the North America Controller to drive overall process improvements that promote scalability and provide support of quarterly review and annual audit process. This position has significant responsibility for analyzing, reviewing, and reporting the US financials by applying principles of accounting to perform duties at a high standard. The ideal candidate should possess excellent analytical, teamwork, and communication skills, have a solid foundation in accounting concepts, and work independently and efficiency in this fast-paced, dynamic, and high-expectation environment.
- Review/approve journal entries and Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Reconciles monthly general ledger balances for all selected balance sheet accounts.
- Collect accounting data vital to prepare and support journal entries.
- Support quarterly/annual reporting requirements for SOX and Disclosure Questionnaire filings.
- Participate in the AP Invoice approval process and banking EFT release based upon assigned Delegation of Authority.
- Assist in month-end closing and preparation of the US monthly financial reporting package including consolidations.
- Analyze financials and detail variance for US balance sheet accounts to discuss with management.
- Find opportunities for process improvements and strengthening internal controls and drive cross-functional project implementations.
- Collaborate and work closely with internal and external auditors during annual audits and control testing.
- Assist in periodic Incentive Compensation calculations and process.
- Review and approve incoming customer orders within Delegation of Approval authority for accuracy, completeness, and specific revenue recognition principles.
- Oversee domestic Sales/Use Tax process for Molecular Devices US and coordinate tax reporting activities within group.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance, proficient in GAAP and financial accounting standards and pronouncements.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license and Big 4 Accounting experience is highly desirable.
- Min 5+ years work experience in general accounting.
- Oracle ERP knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with others when implementing process improvements.
- Advanced Proficiency in Excel and the ability to structure and present data effectively.
- Manufacturing environment experience desired.
- Knowledge of life science industry preferred.
- Strong research, analytical, and organization skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and to successfully work independently.
- Good communication and ability to write routine reports, develop standard work documents, and clear correspondence.
Personal characteristics that are common for this role or top performers:
- Critical and Independent thinker.
- Good interpersonal skills; great teammate.
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Results-oriented – has a track record for delivering results, takes ownership, accountable for work product.
- Customer Service oriented – high sense of urgency.
Ideally located onsite San Jose
The salary range for this role is 93,000 to 112,000. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off,medical/dental/visioninsurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve.Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.