Manufacturing Site Manager
Company Overview and Context
Motif FoodWorks (www.madewithmotif.com) is creating the next generation of delicious plant-based food. As a food technology and innovation company, Motifdevelops breakthrough ingredients and finished products that unleash the promise of plant-based foods and transform the eating experience – from first bite to lasting impact. Motif is driven by the science of more. More taste. More texture. More choices for consumers. Based in Boston, Massachusetts, Motif designs its ecosystem of products for people of all habits and beliefs and with the health and sustainabilityof the planet always in mind.
Motif FoodWorks is a well-financed, nimble organization with seasoned executives who have led food businesses along with disruptive startups and have strong track records of delivering growth and innovation to the industry. Exclusive partnerships with world class technology partners, leading scientists, and academic institutions allow the Company to leverage Gingko Bioworks along with proprietary ingredient technology, fundamental physical insights, and culinary expertise to optimize familiar foods and create new food experiences.
Reporting to the Contract Manufacturing Organization Director, the Site Manager will be instrumental in Motif’s success in overseeing the designated area of operations to assure all operational company objectives are met and within quality standards and cost objectives.
- Responsible for the overall leadership and operation of the manufacturing plant and site.
- Management of daily activities to ensure high performance of the team and production of quality products.
- Collaborate with Finance Team members to manage an operational budget.
- Highly effective leader that can create and establish manufacturing procedures and processes.
- Overseeing area of operation, ensuring employee safety, quality and environmental standards are met.
- Analyzing area to resolve any equipment issues and make improvements as needed.
- Having matrix responsibility for the QA/QC compliance of the site.
- Engaging with engineering and maintenance staff to coordinate projects.
- Managing and conducting root cause analysis and problem-solving sessions with cross functional teams.
- Allocating resources effectively with the goal of increasing operation, while maintaining current quality standards.
- Managing end-to-end area of operation, including production planning and inventory.
- Ensuring compliance with current federal, state, and local regulations.
- Managing end-to-end production area, including all production area, planned attainment and equipment.
- Developing annual budget with Finance to meet financial goals.
- Managing and providing reports on safety, quality, and production attainment.
- Assuring accurate and timely closure of all internal and external safety, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), customer and regulatory audit non-conformances.
- Ensuring staff annual completion of safety and food safety training.
- Completion of First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
- Mentoring and developing facility supervisors and hourly staff to achieve performance standards regarding safety, quality, and operations.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Bachelor of Science degree with 10+ years of industrial food processing/manufacturing/production experience
- Fields of Study: Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related
- Experience with management of people, production operations and facilities
- Able to demonstrate leadership, critical thinking, and organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experienced in collaboration with contract manufacturing partners
- Knowledge of production operations management for quality, yield, and cost.
- Management skills/ability to collaborate and coordinate team members and projects.
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis and Continuous Improvement methodologies
- High degree of emotional intelligence and ability to work effectively with a wide range of personality types/working styles
- Concise, flexible, and savvy communication style to engage professionals across bench-level technical staff to senior leadershipand front-line operators.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Motif FoodWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Motif Foodworks, Inc. makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.