Join our Maintenance team as a Mechanic I and perform troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance on a wide variety of equipment, facilities, fixtures, machines, and systems.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Opportunities are full-time and we have openings on 1st, 2nd ,and 3rd shift. During peak season or based on company needs overtime may be required.Compensation And Benefits
Pay for this position starts at $28 / hour based on experience. There is an additional pay differential on the 2nd shift and 3rd shifts.
When you work at Amy’s you become part of the Amy’s family and we believe in taking care of each other. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage and a matching retirement savings plan. Our Free Family Health Center offers bilingual services for our employees and their families.Qualifications And Skills
A TYPICAL DAY MIGHT INCLUDE
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance on a wide variety of equipment, machines, and facility.
- Minimize production downtime due to mechanical reasons through quick response.
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspections and perform required preventive maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter change and the like.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain basic industrial electric, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Utilize a wide variety of hand, portable, and machine tools to perform assignments. Run services to new or relocated equipment (air, water, electrical).
- Perform packaging equipment setup and changeover including fine tuning and necessary adjustment.
- Perform non-certified welding and simple machining operations as needed for repair and maintenance tasks.
- Provide technical guidance to Mechanic 2.
- Follow lockout/tagout safety procedures during service and repair. Use personal protective equipment as required.
- Comply with the rules and regulations set forth in Amy's Kitchen Inc. employee handbook, safety manual and the GMP booklet.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to uphold the mission of the Amy’s Food Safety and Quality Policy. This includes following all Food Safety and Sustainability programs and participating in all required training.
One to three years related experience and/or training.Language Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and repair manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.LOCATION
This position will be based in Pocatello, ID.About Us
At Amy’s, we make it easy and enjoyable for everyone to eat well. We are a family-owned, purpose and values driven organization that makes great tasting, organic, convenient food.
Working at one of our Plant Kitchens is an opportunity to join the Amy’s family and take pride in working hard at something that matters. Build a career in manufacturing and make a difference!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)