Shaffer Mixers is looking for a Machine Assembler
to join our team! As a Machine Assembler
, you will perform mechanical assembly work of moderate complexity on industrial food equipment.
Work You’ll Do:
- Assemble industrial food equipment such as mixers, sandwiching equipment, mixes & batter equipment, or product handling equipment
- Assembly procedures may involve adjusting, trimming, and fitting parts to moderately close tolerances, working with parts or components which are difficult to handle and other skills which require good dexterity and facility in the use of a variety of hand tools.
- Work is not typically highly repetitive, but the cycle of repetition may be short enough to allow the development of some habit patterns.
- May make minor procedural decisions in fitting and adjusting of parts, etc., but always within established guidelines.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Formal trades training and/or experience to demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work from detailed blueprints, assembly sketches or other input documents of similar complexity.
- Have a focus on personal safety as well as the safety of others; actively participates on assigned safety team.
- Responsible for the quality of work.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with formal trades training or a minimum of two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Must be able to stand for up to 4 hours without formal breaks
- Must be able to work in non-air-conditioned environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Who we are:
- Experience operating an overhead crane
- Experience driving a fork truck
- # LI-TW1 #-LI-Onsite
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at email@example.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".