The Assistant General Manager at Amy's Drive Thru is passionate about customer service and enjoys working in a team environment, fostering relationships with their coworkers and customers. As an Assistant General Manager, you’re passionate about employee engagement, training, and development. You love leading a large team within a fast-paced environment that can deliver Amy's Drive Thru food quality standards, customer service, and core values.
- Manages Team Leads, and Trainers and all team members in an assigned area of the restaurant, or as MOB, over the entire restaurant for a shift.
- Ensures all procedures are followed, including opening checklist, line checks, closing checklists, sanitary procedures and financial procedures.
- Ensures great customer service to each Amy’s Drive Thru guest, and good store morale.
- Leads by example, by being a role model of the standards and behaviors set by Amy’s Drive Thru.
- Leads the restaurant team in successful day to day operations, in given area of assignment or for the entire restaurant. For example, ensures restaurant is clean and presentable, and members are wearing appropriate attire, ensures food prep is concluded timely for meals, and receives in bound material and checks quality.
- Write schedules that provide appropriate coverage for meals, show flexibility to associates, and minimize over-staffing and overtime.
- Trains and develops restaurant team, specifically Team Leads and Trainers and writes and presents performance reviews for team members.
- Ensures all team members, leads and trainers are receiving appropriate feedback and coaching on their performance on an ongoing basis.
- Looks for opportunities to improve processes in the restaurant in collaboration with the Manager, and directs the activities of team members in area of responsibility, to take appropriate steps toward approved improvements.
- Trains and communicates the importance of food allergens and food safety and the impacts to guests to restaurant team.
- Provides feedback to Restaurant managers on Team member and Leaders performance and general smooth running of operations through regular meetings.
- Successfully communicates, trains, and ensures ongoing compliance with changes made via the latest change management processes.
- Assists in identifying talent, recruiting, interviewing and selection.
- Holds team accountable for following Amy’s Drive Thru Safety Procedures and Guidelines, and ensure team is trained on procedures.
May also be assigned the following duties, depending on area of expertise:
- Assist Restaurant Manager in processing payroll.
- Oversee management of cash handling and banking processes.
- Lead successful daily operations of FOH including: Registers, Beverages, Food Serving, Dining Area, and Restrooms.
- Assist Restaurant Manager in inventory and food ordering.
- Assist Culinary Operations Manager in rolling out recipe updates and changes.
- Lead successful daily operations of BOH including: Food Prep, Cooking, Cookware Maintenance, and Food Safety.
- MOD may be responsible for daily CTUIT entries and activities.
This position supervises team members in assigned area, as well as team leads, and trainers.
- 3 to 5 plus years in management positions, preferably fast casual restaurant including full service or convenience, high-volume high-quality food preparation with semi-complex customization related to food allergies and allergen safety.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; communicates effectively with guests and all levels within the Amy’s organization across many functions including IT, Finance, Marketing, HR, Purchasing, etc.
- Track record of building a business through strong people development practices, high retention/low turnover with excellent coaching and training skills.
- Analyzes business results, identifies areas for improvement, and implements sustained changes as needed, following standards in place.
- Maintains a positive attitude in a fast-moving ever-changing work environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-starter and works independently in a less structured start-up environment.
- Responds to and manages work requests from multiple directions.
- Able to work a minimum of 45 hours per week with a flexible schedule as required.
- Must be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Food Handler Card required
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Aptitude for reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations in English. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
MATHEMATICAL/COMPUTER SKILLS: Adept at solving basic math and algebraic problems. Proficient computer/tech user with multiple technology hardware and software applications including Excel, Word, email, and other restaurant management tools.
REASONING ABILITY and CREATIVITY: Excels at creatively solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Keen sense of interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Proven skills in leading a fast-paced team environment with a high degree of flexibility, and enthusiastically embraces constant change.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
Routinely required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear; occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This role requires 15% travel.