Amy’s needs cooks to join the team preparing and cooking our sauces and soups. Our kitchens are at the heart of Amy’s. It’s where it all starts – the mixing and simmering of ingredients that go into our delicious meals. Our cooks make it happen on time, safely and accurately.
$19.92/hr plus $1 - 1.50/hr shift differential
Shifts Monday - Friday starting at 3AM and 12PM.
For more information, call 208-643-3836.
Obligaciones y responsabilidades esenciales
What you can expect:
You’ll be a part of an amazing team in our Kitchen as a Food Production-Cook, that prepares and cook the ingredients that go into Amy’s meals. You will follow the procedures and ensure that the raw ingredients and prepared food materials meet the company quality standards. You will need to use your math skills to understand the formulations and follow the batch sheet to cook the delicious food. What we expect:
- Recent experience with physically demanding job duties including consistent heavy lifting (See Physical Demands and Preferred Experience listed below for more details)
- Must be able to follow batch sheet recipes exactly as shown. High level attention to detail is a must!
- Reliable, consistent attendance, punctual and dependable
- Understand and follow all company policies and procedures
- All food safety practices must be always followed
- Assisting in producing high quality frozen and convenience foods
- Take proper precautions and use all equipment safely; notify Leadership when issues arise
- Flexible to work full time on days, evenings, overnights, rotating shifts, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
It is the responsibility of all employees to uphold the mission of the Amy’s Food Safety and Quality Policy. This includes following all Food Safety and Sustainability programs and participating in all required training
Perks offered to you:
- A fun and safe atmosphere where teamwork is encouraged
- Weeks of on the job training for your new role
- Free onsite health clinic
- Discount on Amy’s products
- Opportunities to grow and advance your career
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Affordable Amy’s meals onsite for lunch and dinner
- Bonus incentives based on attendance and safety
- Referral Bonuses
- Safety Shoe Program, covered by Amy’s
- 401k program (up to 4% contribution matching after 1 year)
- Parental Leave Program
- Education reimbursement; scholarship Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Unpaid Time Off options
We are a family owned, proudly independent organic food company and Certified B Corporation® whose purpose is to make it easy and enjoyable for everyone to eat well. Amy’s is committed to cooking authentic great tasting food with high quality, meticulously sourced organic ingredients and making them convenient for consumers.
Working at one of our Plant Kitchens is an opportunity to join the Amy’s family and take pride in working hard at something that matters. Build a career in manufacturing and make a difference! Cualificaciones y habilidades
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Able to do physical work for 8–10-hour shifts, on your feet. Must lift and/or move 50 pounds and assist in team lifts over 100 pounds. Capable of physical activities such as standing for long durations, bending down, pulling, reaching, and pushing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.Skills
Preferred EXPERIENCE includes:
- Must pass math and Literacy test successfully
- Manufacturing or Distribution experience in food industries
- Experience working in kitchens or bakeries
- Mechanical, equipment and process knowledge
- Highly physically demanding experience like construction or farming