Learning about the industry
- Published on August 29
We're excited you want to learn more. Here are a few resources to help you get started:
- Good Food Institute (GFI): GFI is a nonprofit organization focused on advancing alternative proteins. They provide extensive resources, reports, and research on the industry.
- The Institute of Food Technologists (IFT): IFT offers a range of resources, including publications, research papers, and webinars related to alternative proteins.
Industry Associations and Organizations:
- Plant Based Foods Association (PBFA): PBFA represents the plant-based food industry, including alternative protein companies. They offer industry reports, webinars, and resources for professionals.
- Cellular Agriculture Society (CAS): CAS focuses on cellular agriculture, including cultured meat and other cellular-based alternatives. They provide resources, events, and a community of experts.
- The Protein Directory: The Protein Directory is an online platform that offers an extensive database of alternative protein companies, research organizations, investors, and events.
Online Publications and News Outlets:
- New Harvest: New Harvest is a nonprofit organization that covers the latest advancements and news in cellular agriculture and alternative proteins. They publish articles and host events and webinars.
- FoodNavigator: FoodNavigator covers the latest trends and developments in the food industry, including alternative proteins. They provide news articles, reports, and interviews with industry experts.
- Food Dive: Food Dive offers a dedicated section on alternative proteins, featuring news, analysis, and insights into the industry's trends and market dynamics.
Conferences and Events:
- New Protein events include webinars and in-person events
- Good Food Conference: Organized by GFI, the Good Food Conference is a global event focused on alternative proteins. It offers insights from industry leaders, showcases innovations, and provides networking opportunities.
- Future FoodTech summits
Webinars and Online Courses:
- GFI Webinars: The Good Food Institute regularly hosts webinars featuring industry experts and scientists discussing various aspects of the alternative protein industry.
- Coursera and edX: These online learning platforms offer courses on food science, biotechnology, and sustainable agriculture that can provide a solid foundation for understanding alternative proteins.
- Complete list of courses & educational resources on our Education page.
As always, let us know how we can help.