About the job
Job Title: Research Associate - Microbial Fermentation Development
Company: Forte Protein Inc.
Location: Onsite in Ithaca and Geneva, NY
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Who We Are:
Forte Protein Inc. Is an Upstate New York based startup growing any protein in plants. We are hiring for two early career laboratory research associate positions in Geneva and Ithaca. Bring your talents and join our growing team in our mission to redefine our relationship with the natural world!
Early Career Opportunity at Forte Protein as Science Research Associate:
Forte Protein Inc. is seeking a talented Research Associate for Microbial Fermentation Development with a passion for downstream processing, protein purification, and functional analysis. The successful candidate will be an integral part of an interdisciplinary group, focusing on the development and optimization of microbial-based recombinant protein expression.
- Develop and optimize microbial-based recombinant protein expression.
- Conduct downstream processing, protein purification, and functional analysis.
- Collaborate with a dynamic interdisciplinary team.
This Role May Be for You If You:
- Have a strong initiative to implement new technologies and methods.
- Exhibit adept technical and problem-solving skills.
- Are comfortable working in a collaborative dynamic environment where priorities can change from day to day.
Minimum Qualifications - Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s (1+ years of experience) or Master’s degree (1+ years of experience) in Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or a related scientific field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in microbial fermentation, strain development, and product analysis.
- Previous experience with running BioFlow/New Brunswick fermenters is preferable.
- Prior experience with recombinant proteins production and characterization.
Soft Skills and Attributes:
- Comfortably meeting deadlines and working efficiently on routine tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Interested candidates should submit a personalized cover letter, a detailed resume and contact information of three references to Careers@ForteProtein.com with the following tag in the subject line: [LRA Fermentation]. We use an assessment-based hiring process and standardized interviews to ensure fairness and reduce unconscious bias.
Forte will not accept unsolicited submissions or referrals from any third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies; nor will we be liable for any associated costs or charges.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States and pass a comprehensive background check, including a review of financial history, to be considered for this position. Forte Protein Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.