Eclipse Foods is building the future of dairy using micelles (the microscopic magic of milk.) Eclipse has developed the world's firstplant-based dairy tech platform which makes plant-based products that are indistinguishable from conventional dairy. We are the team behind JUST Mayo, have chef’d/ staged at 16 Michelin stars, and are alt-protein experts. We’ve raised over $60M from leading investors such as Y Combinator, the chairman of Beyond Meat, the founder of Reddit, the creator of Gmail, a former Dreyer’s exec, various top-tier VCs, and more. Our mission is to create a more sustainable, healthy, and humane food system by making amazing plant-based foods that require no sacrifice.
Joining Eclipse Foods as the Senior Process Engineer, you will be bringing the next massive plant-based food brand to consumers.
Who are we?
- We’re the next massive plant-based food company, revolutionizing the $500B dairy sector
- We’re on a mission to save our planet, our health, and animals by creating a solution to fix the food system
- We’re the people behind some of the best-selling plant-based products in the world (JUST mayo, for example)
- We’ve raised over $60M from renowned investors such as Y Combinator, the Chairman of Beyond Meat, the Founder of Reddit, Forerunner Ventures, Initialized Capital, Sozo Ventures, and more- all to achieve our audacious vision and mission
- We launched the first-ever dairy-free shake available at a national chain (Smashburger) and have partnered with some of the best chefs in the world, including Michael Tusk of Quince (3 Michelin stars) and Corey Lee of Benu (3 Michelin stars)
- We’re people of integrity. We do what we say we will do, we treat others right, we care deeply about those around us, and we put our hearts into our work.
- We are constantly hustling to get things done that need to get done. We all roll up our sleeves and “do the dishes”. We embody the spirit of a startup.
- Last, but not least, we are CREAMY. Our values are Communication, Respect, Ego-free, Attentive, Moral compass points north, and Yes we can attitude. If you embody all of these values, you’ll fit right in.
Who are you?
- You currently reside in the Bay area.
- You have a Chemical Engineering training with at least 3 years of work experience.
- You have a food processing experience, i.e., RTDs.
- You have a material science experience, especially studying the complex fluids.
- You have an extrusion processing experience.
- You are reliable, proactive, and a go-getter willing to jump right in!
- You have an ownership mindset and are a strategic thinker. Setting goals and priorities when appropriate, creating and executing plans, measuring KPIs and metrics, and aligning tactics with key results all comes naturally to you.
- You are curious, constantly seeking opportunities to improve, optimize, and innovate.
- You’re a fantastic team player. You work smarter and also know when to roll up your sleeves.
- You’re incredibly nimble, scrappy, and a leader in ambiguous situations. You create solutions to problems, take proactive ownership, and keep a positive attitude even when times are tough.
- You’re passionate about your work. You care deeply about changing our food system.
- You’re a great person, in and out of work. You practice humility, are smart, proactive, trustworthy, kind, organized and hard-working.
What will you do?
- Work directly with Product Development and R&D departments as Senior Process Engineer.
- Manage Pilot Plant, lead all Product development efforts, and pilot plant technical work.
- Lead all activities for the commissioning of new equipment.
- Conduct material science/rheological measurements for product & process design, and troubleshooting
- Engage cross-functionally with all departments to accomplish company-wide goals.
This is a full-time position with a hybrid work environment (remote permitted one day per week). Our headquarters and new R&D labs and pilot plant are located in Alameda, CA, and we offer free on-site parking, a 401K company match, flexible PTO, team lunch on Fridays, company-paid subscription to Headspace, and more.
The annual base salary range for this position is $100,000 - $120,000 + equity options + benefits.
The above represents the expected annual salary for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining our salary ranges, we consider location, experience, skills, and other job-related factors, while balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.
Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we do not provide visa sponsorship for this role.
Eclipse Foods is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. We are deeply committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Eclipse applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Eclipse applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact email@example.com to make the need for an accommodation known.