Eclipse Foods is building the future of dairy using micelles (the microscopic magic of milk.) Eclipse has developed the world's firstplant-based dairy tech platform which makes plant-based products that are indistinguishable from conventional dairy. We are the team behind JUST Mayo, have chef’d/ staged at 16 Michelin stars, and are alt-protein experts. We’ve raised over $60M from leading investors such as Y Combinator, the chairman of Beyond Meat, the founder of Reddit, the creator of Gmail, a former Dreyer’s exec, various top-tier VCs, and more. Our mission is to create a more sustainable, healthy, and humane food system by making amazing plant-based foods that require no sacrifice.
Eclipse is seeking a Brand Manager to join our growing team and to support the growth of our business. You will work directly with the Vice President of Marketing to manage the business, brand, and product portfolio, leading and implementing key initiatives, and ultimately, driving business performance. In this role, the Brand Manager will be integral to formulating brand strategy, leading tactical execution, and developing disruptive business plans to fuel growth.
Who are we?
- We’re the next massive plant-based food company, revolutionizing the $500B dairy sector
- We’re on a mission to save our planet, our health, and animals by creating a solution to fix the food system
- We’re the people behind some of the best-selling plant-based products in the world (JUST mayo, for example)
- We’ve raised over $60M from renowned investors such as Y Combinator, the Chairman of Beyond Meat, the Founder of Reddit, Forerunner Ventures, Initialized Capital, Sozo Ventures, and more, all to achieve our audacious vision and mission
- We launched the first-ever dairy-free shake available at a national chain (Smashburger) and have partnered with some of the best chefs in the world, including Michael Tusk of Quince (3 Michelin stars) and Corey Lee of Benu (3 Michelin stars)
- We’re people of integrity. We do what we say we will do, we treat others right, we care deeply about those around us, and we put our hearts into our work
- We are constantly hustling to get things done that need to get done. We all roll up our sleeves and “do the dishes”. We embody the true spirit of a startup
- Last, but not least, we are CREAMY. Our values are Communication, Respect, Ego-free, Attentive, Moral compass points north, and Yes we can attitude. If you embody all of these values, you’ll fit right in!
Who are you?
- 5+ years of Marketing experience in consumer packaged goods with expertise in Brand Building and Innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Finance, or related field; MBA preferred
- Self-starter with a growth mindset and the demonstrated ability to lead and execute projects with little oversight
- Results-oriented leader who identifies challenges and drives aggressively to resolve them to the benefit of the enterprise.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects and priorities of key stakeholders to drive impact in a fast-changing environment
- Exceptional analytical and Excel skills, with strong proficiency in utilizing and interpreting syndicated data (Nielsen/IRI/etc) and large data sets, to create action plans and solutions to drive results
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting to and influencing senior leadership
- Able to execute on today’s challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we’ll be six months, a year, and several years from now
- Data-driven and goal-oriented, you measure success both quantitatively and qualitatively and understand the importance of both
- You have strong business acumen with demonstrated understanding of the financial aspects of marketing
- You have excellent organizational, planning, project management, and execution skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with exceptional team-building skills
- You’re nimble, scrappy, and a leader in ambiguous situations, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, all while maintaining a positive attitude even in the most challenging situations
- You’re passionate about your work. You care deeply about changing our food system
What will you do?
Deliver Business Results
- Collaborate with VP of Marketing to develop strategies and plans that deliver on annual revenue and brand objectives
- Monitor business performance, trends, and competitive activity to achieve short-term and long-term business results
- Own the marketing budget and demonstrate an efficient and effective investment approach
- Champion innovation efforts, including pipeline development, line extension, and new product launches, in collaboration with Innovation Director and VP of Marketing
- Lead business and financial assessment, consumer & category insights, whitespace analysis, product briefs and go-to-market plans, as well as post-launch evaluations
- Collaborate closely with product development, operations, and sales, to deliver on innovation sales targets
- Spearhead packaging renovation and packaging development of new products, managing packaging agency and consultants
- Work with the VP of Marketing to develop the annual marketing strategy
- Lead integrated marketing planning and execution including campaign development, digital marketing, shopper marketing, owned (email/social), and earned media, in partnership with the marketing associate and experiential marketing manager
- Develop foodservice marketing strategy and activation plan in partnership with the marketing associate and experiential marketing manager
Insights & Analytics
- Develop expertise and deep understanding of the category, consumer, customers, and competition via syndicated data, primary and secondary research
- Identify consumer trends and gaps to be leveraged in new product and line extension development
This is a full-time hybrid / remote position. We offer unlimited PTO, free on-site parking, vegan snacks, team lunch on Fridays, unlimited coffee, and more.
Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we do not provide visa sponsorship for this role.
Eclipse Foods is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. We are deeply committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.