Join us and celebrate the beauty of human experience. Create for happier, healthier lives, with love for nature. Together, with our customers, we deliver food innovations, craft inspired fragrances and develop beauty and wellbeing solutions. There’s much to learn and many to learn from, with more than 16,000 employees around the world to explore ideas and ambitions with.
In the USA, we develop, market and produce a wide array of solutions from our 25 most innovative sites, based across the country. Stretch your skills, create and get inspiration from passionate colleagues. Every day, your energy, your thirst for knowledge, and your creativity will shape our future, making a positive difference on billions of people. Every essence of you enriches our world. We are Givaudan. Human by nature.
Whether it's a relaxing cup of tea, an invigorating wake-me-up coffee, a refreshing citrus drink, or your favorite weekend indulgence, there's a good chance that we are behind the flavor you enjoy in your favorite beverages. Encompassing carbonated soft drinks, juices, bottled waters, ready-to-drink products, alcoholic beverages, hot drinks and more, the beverages industry is a vast and evolving space. We are constantly monitoring consumer preferences and exploring future developments around the world. This means that our customers can rely on our pipeline of beverage innovation to create and respond to global and local trends.
Reporting to the Group Lead Manager, you will perform daily brief-related tasks and apply knowledge during the flavor selection, evaluation and application development in alcohol beverages. Be a technical expert and advisor to marketing, sales, flavor creation, and customers for specific beverage applications.
- Showcase your Technical Expertise: Lead evaluations of flavors in alcohol beverage applications for briefs, research projects and portfolio evaluations. Select flavors for beverage projects according to specified requirements (i.e. customer, regulatory, legislation, costs) and suggest improvements for the most common applications. Identify appropriate flavor delivery systems and technologies for customer projects in specific applications.
- Influence through Relationships: With a limited number of customers, gain their trust and respect. Maintain the flavor performance data for the flavor portfolio through evaluation in finished product and capture of profiles. Coach, train and motivate technicians and technologists. Work with on site customer working sessions. Experience presenting to customers to include, demo samples with supporting powerpoint/formulations. Articulate and comfortable discussing material with customers in a team setting with Sales and/or Marketing.
- Manage Organizational Effectiveness: Maintain a safe, clean and organized lab environment observing EH&S policies and hold others accountable for following these guidelines. Manage projects including the opportunity to lead large development projects.
- Technical Degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology
- 2+ years experience in a beverage applications lab, production, or related area
- Understanding of most beverage applications, ingredients, and processes, with experience in customers' manufacturing environments
- Proficient in formulating alcoholic beverage application and in flavoring alcoholic beverages, including beer.
- Expert Project Leader who understands how to lead high priority projects, how to manage a large work load.
- Understanding of many of the flavor reactions/interactions in common beverage products and the ability to recommend flavor modifications based on
- Solid experience in alcohol applications in multiple application areas.
- Aware of market trends in the alcohol space with the ability to translate market trends into creative products for strategic customers.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement and a high matching 401k
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.
You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.
Every essence of you enriches our world.
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.
Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.