Coperion is looking for a Sales Manager – Food Industry
to join our team! As a Sales Manager
you will be responsible for coordinating all sales activity for specific sectors of the food industry. The primary focus will be maximizing each project to make sure quotation and bookings goals are achieved. This position can be filled in Salina, KS; Pitman, NJ; or a remote location in the United States.Work You’ll Do
- Achieve quote and bookings goals
- Liaise directly with customers to offer best in class process solutions
- Exercise functional responsibility for activities of sales reps servicing assigned markets including recommending retention or termination and replacement as necessary
- Directly service and motivate sales representatives to attain establish goals
- Responsible for the submission and accuracy of the Business Units sales volume forecast.
- Work with the Director of Sales to ensure the initiatives and strategies of the Business Unit are carried out.
- Closely monitor status of project pipeline and develop/implement strategy for closing the order.
- Process all systems and components orders and change orders including checking for correct pricing, reviewing all information while resolving any discrepancies and verifying orders are entered correct.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Coperion K-Tron's products, policies and goals
- Conduct a continuing program of self-improvement knowledge relative to these duties, advancements and related areas.
- Directly participate and formulate market / customer penetration plan in assigned territory or markets.
- Coordinate the efforts of quotations; Insuring the accuracy of quoted equipment selection, pricing and commercial terms
- Review all contracts for acceptance and insure compliance with established policies and procedures
- Participate in trade shows and sales seminars for reps and customers
- Participate in traveling truck stop shows when needed
- Assist in collection of past due accounts
- Manage and be fully responsible for demo equipment used in assigned territory
- Travel as needed, approximately 25 – 50%
- Maintain 5S office and continuous improvement lean initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Marketing preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in sales, application sales for engineering of a highly technical product
- Knowledge of pneumatic conveying, material handling and extrusion
- Knowledge of selling process; marketing techniques, process control, weighing, bulk materials handling, food, chemical process industries
- Must have excellent professional verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Must be skilled in coordinating and organizing with attention to detail.
- Must have excellent computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
Who we are:
- Bulk powder material handling, process controls and weighing background preferred
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".