Your Mission: Does raving to your friends about the latest healthy products excite you? Banza is seeking an outgoing freelancer to act as a local marketing ambassador. The ideal candidate embodies the Banza brand and lifestyle and excels at communicating and multitasking.
As a freelance ambassador, you will engage with prospective customers in their local market by educating and introducing samplers to the brand, as well as identify strategic opportunities for events and carry them out. You’ll host demos in your local supermarkets, sample Banza Pizza at neighborhood events, and network with community members and organizations. This role is an extension of the Banza brand and will serve as the touchpoint between Banza and the consumer.
Who We Are: Banza reimagines your favorite comfort foods, like pasta, pizza, mac & cheese, and rice using chickpeas. Why? Because we know chickpeas aren’t just delicious, they’re also one of the most nutritious and sustainable foods. Yet 80% of the country isn’t eating enough of them. Our mission is to inspire people to eat more chickpeas and other beans, making a positive impact on human health and the environment. Banza is the fastest-growing pasta brand in the country, and our products are available in over 21,000 stores nationwide. We’ve been named one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions of the Year, Adweek’s Best Food Brand, and are proud to have fans at Good Morning America, The New York Times, Food & Wine, Bon Appetit, and more.
What You’ll Do:
- Research, secure, and manage execution of targeted local events, supermarket demos, and partnerships that bring the Banza brand to life through sampling
- Cook and present Banza Pizza to samplers using kitchen equipment like portable ovens and cutting utensils
- Engage with customers during events and demos to educate them on Banza products and the brand’s mission
- Establish meaningful relationships with community members, local businesses, and influencers, creating a mini community of Banza lovers in your hometown
- Track and report results from events to support performance KPIs including sales lift, sampling goals, and brand awareness targets
- Create detailed summaries of events and demos including number of people sampled, pre & post event inventory, consumer feedback, and event photos
- Oversee product inventory for demos and manage company resources including point of sale materials, storage unit, and event assets
- Transport event materials to all events in your personal vehicle, and set up cooking and sampling station independently.
- Attend team training sessions and weekly meetings
Who you Are:
- 1-3 years of experience in an event, marketing, or media role
- Resident of the relevant geographic area
- Always in the know about local events and happenings
- Excellent multi-tasker and public speaker - can cook a pizza while raving about how great it is
- Socially confident and strong communicator who is outgoing, approachable, genuine, and friendly
- Invigorated by engaging with customers and forming connections within the community
- Takes initiative to plan and get things done, is highly organized, reliable, and a problem solver
- Can transport and lift cooking equipment (up to 30 LBS) and stand for long periods of time
- Comfortable cooking on site, handling, and presenting food
- Passionate about healthy living, discovering the latest healthy products, and must love Banza!
Pay: $25 / hour
15 - 20 hours per week
This is a ﬂexible, seasonal, freelance position.