Banza/Virginia Park Foods is looking for a capable Plant Director to oversee the management of our Riverside facility. Reporting to the President, the Plant Director will drive quality, safety, and company goals while ensuring continuous improvement and optimization of all processes related to inventory, production, packaging, and warehousing. The ideal candidate is a motivational leader with excellent interpersonal skills and fosters a collaborative, high-achieving, and compliant working environment through developing and refining processes, active listening, and strategic operations monitoring. This role has a significant growth path at Virginia Park Foods.
- Lead daily plant operations of a 100+ person, 70,000 square foot facility across Production, Inventory, Maintenance, Sanitation, and customer-facing Warehousing
- Plan, organize, direct, and oversee day-to-day operations to reach fiscal and production goals and course-correct when necessary
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization of processes related to production output, product quality, packaging, receiving, shipping, sanitation, maintenance, and resource allocation
- Identify cost and waste reduction opportunities
- Increase assets capacity while maintaining our quality standards and meeting or improving our safety performance
- Track and analyze plant performance data to identify new strategic initiatives or areas of opportunity
- Assist in recruiting new staff and developing the team’s leadership, managerial, and technical competencies
- Foster a trusting, resilient, and healthy working environment
- Develop a collaborative relationship with key leaders on both Virginia Park Foods’ and Banza’s corporate teams to align goals and priorities, and keep all parties informed of priorities, needs, and changes
- Stay up to date with manufacturing and production management best practices and concepts to bolster existing Plant processes
- 12+ years of experience as a plant or manufacturing operations leader in a high-volume environment including one or more of the following: milling, pasta, food extrusion & drying, high-capacity packaging
- Pasta manufacturing experience preferred
- Proven efficacy in developing and motivating a team and leading through change
- Ability to navigate a growing company with agility and creativity
- Expertise in safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory, and stewardship of processes
- Familiarity with running a 24/7 operation
- Knowledge of basic business principles and processes including budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, and workforce management
- Familiarity with industry standard food manufacturing equipment
- High degree of accountability with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and highly technologically and analytically skilled
- Conversational fluency in Spanish a plus
Compensation & Benefits
The base salary for this role is $130,000-$175,000 annually. The compensation package includes a quarterly bonus program and equity in the company. Our salary ranges are based on verified market data and our philosophy of paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to base salary, full-time team members are eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance with premiums that are 75% covered by Virginia Park, Banza products, and monthly team lunches.
Individual pay rate decisions are based on several factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect most of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate.
To Apply: Write a cover letter describing why you want to join our company and would be an excellent fit for this role, and then apply directly to this posting. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.