Shift 1 (United States of America)
The Field Service Engineer
is responsible for representing Coperion K-Tron and providing assistance to customers and/or assigned personnel in the areas of installation, start-up, troubleshooting and maintenance phases of Coperion K-Tron equipment at customer’s plant site or related designated areas. As a customer-facing employee, you will offer expertise, guidance, and training to customers, subordinates, and co-workers as you represent the Company to Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™
.Work You’ll Do:
- Represent Coperion K-Tron in the capacity of Service Representative providing assistance and advice to customers and/or assigned personnel, including identifying opportunities to cross or upsell equipment improvements Provide feedback on information received in the field on Coperion K-Tron equipment and others.
- Install, troubleshoot, overhaul, maintain, adjust, and/or modify Coperion K-Tron equipment as required to meet the customers’ process needs. Assist customers to start-up newly installed equipment and train customer personnel as needed. Participation in classroom type training may be required.
- Must be responsible, dependable, plus safety-minded and work in accordance with all Coperion K-Tron policies and standards as well as adhere to all customer safety, drug, and alcohol control regulations and procedures.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (holidays, weekends) and travel extensively in accordance with field service travel regulations while managing individual travel and expense budget based on Company guidelines; must have a driver's license with clean driving record and valid passport.
- When not on travel assignment, provide on-call assistance to customers via various channels (phone, email, video call, etc.), assist with service report preparation and distribution, create field information packages for self, team, or the Company, and/or other related tasks.
- Keep accurate records by providing highly detailed reports and submitting them to appropriate partners in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expected travel = 90%
The Field Service Engineering team consists of Field Service Engineers working together with the Coperion K-Tron Parts and Service team to Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™
by partnering with customers to deliver material feeding solutions for a wide range of applications.Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma
- 1+ year(s) experience with mechanical and electrical systems maintenance and troubleshooting of technical equipment.
- The ability to understand data manipulation and analysis.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as engineering reports, drawings, office procedures, and instruction manuals is required.
- The ability to use standard tools, power tools, schematics, test equipment, and blueprints.
- The ability to write clear, concise routine correspondence as well as comprehensive documents.
- Knowledge of word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), PowerPoint.
- Must have valid passport, driver’s license, and clean driving record.
Who we are:
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at email@example.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".