About Activate Global
Activate empowers scientists to reinvent our world and address climate change by bringing their research to market. We partner with leading funders and research institutions—including a groundbreaking new partnership with the National Science Foundation—to offer the Activate Fellowship, providing the funding, technical support, networking, community, and time that scientists need at the outset of their entrepreneurial journey.
The results are game changing: Activate Fellows have launched 146 new companies since 2015. These companies have raised more than $1.4B in follow-on funding, created more than 1,800 U.S.-based high-tech jobs, reached scientific breakthroughs, and defined new market categories. Activate supports fellows in Berkeley, CA; Cambridge, MA; New York, NY; Houston, TX; and across the U.S. through Activate Anywhere.
Activate exists to create a better future, for all. In service of this purpose, we are building a foundation of equity and inclusivity across our business, including our operations, our fellowship, our partnerships, and our brand.
Are you a highly connected and influential networker with a passion for creating value through relationships? Activate is in search of a dynamic Head of Ecosystem to spearhead the development of a vibrant network of like-minded individuals and organizations aligned with supporting our fellows. In this pivotal role, you will be the mastermind behind our ecosystem strategy, orchestrating connections that empower our community of fellows with the resources, support, and opportunities essential for their entrepreneurial success. You will be a trusted member of our team of Managing Directors and report to Activate’s Executive Managing Director. Join us as we work to create the world’s leading platform supporting the early stages of science entrepreneurship!
- Support and Guidance:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of each fellow's technology and value proposition, guiding value-added relationships.
- Collaborate closely with Managing Directors to stay on top of fellows' partnership needs.
- Advise fellows on business development messaging, positioning, and network strategy development, including vertical and value chain priorities.
- Support fellow fundraising efforts and pitch development, including preparation for our “Demo Day” event.
- Educational Content and Thought Leadership:
- Develop and deliver educational content on network engagement and partnership strategy for fellows.
- Create thought leadership content and support marketing collateral development to attract valuable partners.
- Networking and Representation:
- Engage with inbound connections, translating them into value for fellows and the organization and coordinate handoffs cross functionally.
- Represent Activate and its portfolio at conferences and events to facilitate high-value collaborations for fellows.
- Curate our network to support key fellowship elements, including educational content creation, diverse applicant attraction, and fellow selection processes.
- Collaborations and Partnerships:
- Develop relationships with key partner organizations and lead collaborations to support fellows' business development.
- Identify gaps in the current network and devise strategies to address them.
- Collaborate seamlessly with our Growth, Engagement, and Partnership team to maximize the impact of our ecosystem strategy.
- Support proposal development for the Growth Team with case studies and fellow outcomes.
- Systems Development:
- Design and drive the development of CRM features to manage network interactions and outcomes.
- Develop community and fellow KPIs and dashboards.
- Leadership and Strategy:
- Craft a comprehensive ecosystem strategy to fortify our network and enhance our fellows' journey.
- Lead the Managing Director hiring process and onboarding.
- Collaborate with the Managing Director to track fellows network needs and set priorities for ecosystem building and thought leadership.
The Ideal Candidate:
- STEM degree and 10+ years of business development and portfolio management experience or equivalent, preferably with a background in hard tech startups or new science-to-product ventures.
- Demonstrated commitment to talent development through mentorship.
- Strong existing network with a passion for continual expansion.
- Expertise in CRM systems and business development process development.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of finding value in diverse stakeholder relationships.
- Track record of managing complex, dynamic portfolios of projects and stakeholders.
- Ability to design and direct strategic initiatives while executing on tactical duties, managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Passion for impactful work and a commitment to Activate's mission.
Encouraging Applications from All Backgrounds
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Activate Global, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.