Want to help drive a revolution in synthetic biology? Many synthetic biology companies aim to enable humans to thrive sustainably in a resource-limited world. But despite tremendous breakthroughs in reading and writing genetic diversity, the ability to measure the function of those changes hasn't scaled. At Triplebar, we're opening the measurement bottleneck by orders of magnitude to accelerate the discovery, development and adoption of bioengineered molecules.
Want to help build novel technology to reduce our carbon and energy footprint? We’re looking for an energetic Fermentation RA II, III or Sr. RA and colleague to join our Bioactives+Functionals team. You will contribute in developing microbial fermentation processes and strain characterization methods to screen strain performance under industrially relevant conditions to biomanufacture nutritional proteins. You will be a key member of the team by using bioreactors to generate high-quality fermentation data. Within the company you will have ample opportunities to expand and participate in a wide variety of R&D efforts, as well as cross-functional disciplines (biochemistry, engineering, software development, materials science, etc). If you’re interested in bringing your talents to make great products that make an impact, please apply!
- Play a key role in building an exciting and successful start-up company
- Set-up, operate and maintain bench-scale fermentation equipment (e.g. 0.25-2L Eppendorf, Sartorius, Applikon or Infors bioreactors), establish and manage schedules, workflows, batch records and assays (online/off-line) records
- Turn experiment designs into scripts to control and operate bioreactors
- Prepare media, clean and assemble tanks, monitor processes, collect and process samples, and disassemble tanks
- Independently plan, design and execute experiments with Fermentation lead
- Collate, process, analyze, interpret and discuss data with Fermentation lead and report results to stakeholders in timely manner
- Demonstrate willingness to independently work with CRO and vendors including sample collection, processing and data analysis/interpretation
- Set-up data ingestion with necessary upstream calculation
- Write SOP, maintain adequate supply of bioreactor parts and other consumables while training others on fermentation operation as needed
Required Skills and Background
- Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree with 2-5+ years of biotech/pharma industry experience, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise in operating bench-scale bioreactors (e.g. 0.25-2L Eppendorf, Sartorius, Applikon or Infors bioreactors)
Preferred Skills and Background
- Demonstrated expertise in scaling and transferring to production scale
- Data analysis e.g. Spotfire, Python, R, C++, C# or Matlab
The annual base pay range for this position is anticipated to be $85,000 - $115,000 however the base pay offered may vary depending on location, market, job related knowledge, skills and experience. The total compensation package for this position also includes equity and benefits.