Nasoya has introduced millions of Americans to our versatile plant protein and grown to be the country’s #1 brand of tofu. Our product line-up has grown too. Today, Nasoya offers more than 10 different varieties of tofu, including ready-to-serve items like TofuBaked and Toss’ables, pre-marinated and pre-baked to eliminate prep time and help consumers that are unsure about how to cook with tofu. Visit www.nasoya.com to learn more about our company and products.
Nasoya is hiring a Production Technician responsible for monitoring the plant production performance, daily production and equipment maintenance. They must engage in the plant’s initiative of continuous improvement.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Daily monitoring of all the processes from start to finish
- Raw material handling
- Cooking and extracting
- Must report and communicate with shift supervisors, leads and managers regarding any issues, root cause analysis, action plans and follow up daily
- Track downtime and loss events
- Troubleshoot equipment
- Manage the accuracy of daily production documents including:
- Check sheet of hourly monitor of the process
- Downtime and loss events log
- Adjustments to formulas and changes made as needed
- Provide process training to other operators
- Other duties or projects as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
- Self-motivation and are inquisitive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication/documentation skills in English required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to deal with and resolve highly complex issues and problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective at failure analysis, preventive maintenance and continuous improvement
Education & Experience:
- Minimum GED or equivalent required
- Experience working in a food manufacturing industry required; tofu production experience is a plus
- Equipment engineering and/or maintenance experience required
- Must have basic mechanical knowledge, understanding and skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods and procedures, manufacturing quality, product development is strongly preferred
- Can work in a non-climate-controlled environment
We offer competitive pay and benefits package, including health (~80-90% company paid) for employee and dependents, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, company match 401K plan, vacation, floating holidays, and company holidays.
Nasoya is a global, distributed workforce in four countries. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace people with different experiences, strengths, and backgrounds, who share a passion for making a healthier tomorrow for people and the planet with wholesome foods.