Founded by a UC Berkeley Ph.D. graduate and a SynBio veteran, Pow.bio is revolutionizing the $500B biomanufacturing market by building a self-driving fermenter platform that enables cost-effective scale-up solutions across a wide array of strains, organisms, and products.
Head of Business Development
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated individual to cultivate and execute new business partnerships. As the Head of Business Development, you will be scouting new areas where we can help change scaleup forever and consistently introducing that technology to prospective clients and closing funded partnership deals (JDAs, JVs, government) to accelerate growth.
Given your industry experience, you know the key players, keep up with emerging trends, and can leverage your strong network to create an effective market strategy and sales pipeline. You also excel at building relationships and have a proven track record of success. You're driven by results and take a proactive approach to maximizing new and existing business opportunities. And, most importantly, you see the bigger picture: you're excited about Pow.Bio and eager to help us achieve our mission of Changing Scale-Up Forever
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities, ensuring alignment with Pow.Bio's strategic direction.
- Negotiate, close, and execute deals with customers in identified markets
- Support commercial contracting and business structure negotiations
- Spearhead efforts to expand and diversify Pow.Bio's business partnerships by identifying strategic alliances and potential collaborations.
- Develop and foster strong and enduring relationships with partners by facilitating effective information exchange, proactively resolving issues, and identifying opportunities for mutual growth.
- Manage the customer pipeline and KPIs reported to Pow.Bio executives and Board
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support the creation and execution of business cases for expansion into new markets, exploring potential synergies and assessing risks.
- Coordinate onsite visits with clients and external stakeholders to strengthen relationships and gather valuable feedback to inform strategic decisions.
- Utilize industry knowledge and expertise to represent Pow.Bio at industry conferences, promoting the company's technology and thought leadership.
Develop a comprehensive customer strategy to prioritize efforts and align with Pow.Bio's long-term goals.
- Work internally with business, R&D, legal, and finance team members to ensure understanding and execution of partnership objectives
- Understand contracts, needs, and drivers of existing Pow.Bio partners, and develop internal strategies to maximize the value of Pow.Bio partnerships
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field (Master's degree or PhD a plus)
- Relevant business development experience, preferably in biotechnology or science-related fields
- Proven track record of pitching, negotiating, and closing high-level business opportunities (please include a deal sheet with your application if available)
- Ability to manage and expand existing partnerships
- Extensive network of contacts in relevant markets
- Knowledge about contractual terms and execution strongly preferred
- High level of motivation/persistence to succeed and achieve results
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Impeccable ability to organize and prioritize
- Enthusiasm about being a part of Pow.Bio's mission
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $140 - 200k.
Pow.bio offers competitive salaries and benefits including unlimited PTO, company-wide holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), and commuter benefits.
This is a remote position with occasional travel to our offices as needed.There is no relocation assistance offered at this time.
Pow.bio is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.