Sabra makes America's most iconic and beloved hummus and a delicious range of plant-based dips and spreads. We are dedicated to uniting and delighting the world around planet-positive food.
Sabra was founded in 1986 in Astoria, Queens and is headquartered in White Plains, New York. Sabra's 500+ team members proudly produce hummus in Chesterfield County, Virginia, taking great care to ensure the highest-quality hummus is ready to go home with you. From party time to snack time, Sabra is always a feel-good food.
Sustainability is in our roots. Sabra hummus is made with chickpeas grown on family-farms in the Pacific Northwest. The chickpea is not only a nutritional powerhouse but an agricultural treasure, pulling nitrogen from the atmosphere and depositing nutrients into the soil for future crops to consume, making the world a better place one chickpea at a time. Our commitment to the planet drives the ingredients we source, the products we produce, the choices we make and the way we engage with one another and with our community.
People are at the core of how we grow and create value; leading with diversity, equity and inclusion contributes directly to our shared success. We are always looking for talented people who share our passion for nourishing our bodies, our souls, and our communities. If you are interested in learning more about career opportunities at Sabra, visit our career site.
Dip into the world of hummus excellence! Join us for an internship that's as flavorful as it is fulfilling with an exciting opportunity as our Procurement summer intern! Are you a college student looking to gain hands-on experience in procurement and strategic sourcing? This 12-week internship, starting in May at our Colonial Heights, VA plant, offers the perfect opportunity to dive into the world of global procurement within the world's largest hummus manufacturing site.
The Procurement Intern will assist the Materials & Supply Team with the planning & ordering of ingredients and packaging materials from Sabra's suppliers, to be used in the production of hummus products. In addition, you will have an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a consumer products manufacturing environment. You will lead special projects that bring value to the procurement process by working across different departments and being part of a team committed to uniting and delighting the world around planet-positive food.Dip Into Your Role
Recipe for Success
- Support the Procurement Leadership team in special projects to improve the end-to-end source to pay process. Projects to be identified closer to the start date based on business needs.
- Projects may be focused the following improvement focus areas: cost-savings, profit & loss analysis by product, vendor commercial risk assessment, sustainability process implementation, technology advancements & opportunity analysis (Contract Management Software).
- Organize and send out to vendors: Request for Information, Request for Quotes, analyzing information and building a business case to be presented back to Sabra team.
- Analyze on hand inventories vs a demand plan, making a recommendation to re-order based on vendor lead-time and Minimum Order Quantity
- Work within Sabra's, Enterprise Resource Planning tool, SAP to maintain accurate information by part & vendor identifying number
- At times, work with the team to trouble shoot and resolve problems in Sabra's inbound ingredient and packaging supply chain
- Support the team on system advancements and utilization of MRP, Materials Requirement Planning SAP module.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, logistics, economics or a recent graduate of a similar program
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong communication, Analytical & creative thinking skills
- Demonstrated leadership initiative through studies or extracurricular activities
- Ability to manage assigned tasks and small projects per scope and timeline
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.