Sabra makes America's most iconic and beloved hummus and a delicious range of plant-based dips and spreads. We are dedicated to uniting and delighting the world around planet-positive food.
Sabra was founded in 1986 in Astoria, Queens and is headquartered in White Plains, New York. Sabra's 500+ team members proudly produce hummus in Chesterfield County, Virginia, taking great care to ensure the highest-quality hummus is ready to go home with you. From party time to snack time, Sabra is always a feel-good food.
Sustainability is in our roots. Sabra hummus is made with chickpeas grown on family-farms in the Pacific Northwest. The chickpea is not only a nutritional powerhouse but an agricultural treasure, pulling nitrogen from the atmosphere and depositing nutrients into the soil for future crops to consume, making the world a better place one chickpea at a time. Our commitment to the planet drives the ingredients we source, the products we produce, the choices we make and the way we engage with one another and with our community.
People are at the core of how we grow and create value; leading with diversity, equity and inclusion contributes directly to our shared success. We are always looking for talented people who share our passion for nourishing our bodies, our souls, and our communities. If you are interested in learning more about career opportunities at Sabra, visit our career site.
Dip into the world of hummus excellence! Join us for an internship that's as flavorful as it is fulfilling with an exciting opportunity as our Research, Development & Sustainability summer intern! Are you a college student looking to gain hands-on experience in RD&S? This 12-week internship, starting in May at our Colonial Heights, VA plant, offers the perfect opportunity to dive into the world of RD&S within the world's largest hummus manufacturing site.
The RD&S Intern will gain real-world manufacturing experience in areas such as research, food product development, and process development under the guidance of our product development team that is committed to uniting and delighting the world around plant-positive food. Bringing your skills to the table will be the special ingredient that helps bring our delicious products to life.Dip Into Your Role
Recipe for Success
- Support the R&D leadership team in special projects to improve product development.
- Exposure to process development and methods for converting ingredients into finished products and other strategic focus areas such as sustainability, nutrition, and regulatory.
- Projects related to the research and development of technology to amplify our portfolio of products or enable future innovation.
- Hands on experience developing new food products, improving current products, and optimizing processes and procedures for real world impact
- Must successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a bachelor's degree in: Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Nutrition, Culinary Science, or a recent graduate of a similar program.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment a strong plus
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated clear communication skills
- Strategic, analytical, and creative thinking skills
- Demonstrated leadership initiative through studies or extracurricular activities
- Ability to manage assigned tasks and small projects per scope and timeline
- Organized with a task and deadline oriented mindset
- While this role will work fairly standard business hours, there may be an occasional need to work a night or cross-shift to cover a trial project
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.