Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Gain real experience. Learn from the best. See how your work matters.
Our internships are designed to prepare you for your career journey, not a final destination. When you join our team, you are welcomed into a community committed to providing you with a safe environment to learn, grow and cultivate your skills. With our expansive learning resources, our well-respected leaders, and our carefully curated development courses, you will be equipped to confidently solve tomorrow's global issues. And, truthfully, our future relies on you. Your innovative minds, your intentional collaboration, and your sincere desire to nourish the world. Your work may be local, but at Cargill, your impact will be global. Join our community to cultivate your curiosity, develop meaningful relationships and propel your career!
Dairy Sales and Nutrition Internship:
Cargill Animal Nutrition and Health (ANH) provides customized animal feed and consulting solutions to commercial producers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Rather than focusing on standardized nutrition products, we build customized nutrient blends and management programs to fit each unique situation. Our research-proven management and nutrition technologies suit the needs of our diverse array of customers. And our animal nutrition and management professionals offer the scope and creativity to serve the unique needs of each customer.
Our internship program enables you to learn more about Cargill Animal Nutrition and Health (ANH) and career opportunities for Dairy Consultants. Cargill Dairy Consultants are responsible for interacting with clients and prospective customers, helping them understand how Cargill can provide solutions for them and improve their profitability. Interns will complete challenging projects, connect with other partners in the business, and get exposure to ration balancing software and formulation technology.
- Summer project(s)
- Shadowing or participating in ride-a longs with consultants
- Understanding Cargill’s nutrient driven approach from farm to feed mill through operating Cargill’s formulation system
- With comprehensive learning resources at your disposal, you can take your learning in any direction.
- As employees, interns receive access to volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off for volunteer activities.
- Throughout the internship, interns and co-ops are invited to participate in events that will give exposure to leadership, provide development opportunities, and offer the ability to network with cross-functional interns/co-ops across the U.S.
- Internships are typically 12 weeks in duration.
- Interns are paid hourly for time worked.
- Interns are responsible for transportation to and from work.
- Interns may have the opportunity to travel up to 25% during the summer.
This position will pay a range between $18.80 - $26.00 and is dependent upon graduation date.
No matter who you are or where you are, we have resources to meet your needs. As an intern, you will have access to a wide variety of programs to support you and help you thrive! Eligible programs and incentives include:
- Paid time off
- Mental Health and Wellbeing program
- Digital Learning Library
- Housing and Relocation Assistance for those that qualify
Your development is our priority. With our outstanding global network, you will establish relationships, acquire mentors, and build your professional contacts. Our program encourages networking opportunities that will benefit you now and in your future career. During the internship, you will also receive consistent support from university recruiting staff, mentors, colleagues, and your supervisor.
Our Vibrant Community:
At Cargill, you will be a part of our vibrant global community with a culture that celebrates diversity. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates an intellectually diverse set of employees. Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and enhance our employees’ outstanding talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
Asian Alliance Network, Cargill Young Professionals Network, Cargill Ability Network (iCAN), Cargill Ebony Council, Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW), Hispanic-Latino Council, Cargill Pride Network, Veterans & Military Support Network, and Cargill Women’s Network.
- Field based role - within an assigned region
- Home/Office Setting
- Travel approximately 25% or less
- Frequent travel by personal vehicle within assigned region. You must have a safe driving history; a motor vehicle record history will be reviewed
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program (all majors considered), graduating between December 2024 and May 2026
- Valid driver’s license within the United States
- Access to personal vehicle for use of travel within assigned sales region
- Candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate for an internship opportunity anywhere in the U.S.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2024)
- Experience working within the dairy industry
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Proven ability to work optimally with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures
- Pursuing a major in Animal Science, a degree with a Dairy emphasis, or any Agriculture degree
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.