About The Job
The Associate Manager, Nature will play a proactive, collaborative role for the M&S team, driving key topical projects to implement on our impact priorities in Nature, as well as deliver on functional needs such as impact measurement, certifications, and sales and brand integration needs.
The Associate Manager, Nature will support delivery of
- Danone Nature strategies across packaging, energy, regenerative agriculture, waste, and water, etc. Delivery will span quantitative modeling, stakeholder management, internal/ external communications, and cross functional workshops, etc. This scope will include significant time developing, validating, and catalyzing into action strategies that allow Danone to bring to fruition its Nature goals and achieve commercial impact. Exact topics and delivery needs may fluctuate over time based on the needs of the business.
- Regenerative Ag Tracking and assessing opportunities and risks to implementation of our regenerative ag program.
- Packaging Activating recyclability and low-carbon materials projects in cross-functional alignment with engineers, brand managers, and sustainable finance.
- Energy Scoping and validating strategies to increase use of low-carbon and renewable energy.
- Waste Tracking and managing waste reduction KPIs across our manufacturing footprint, in partnership with our operations teams.
- Water Working with both operations and procurement teams, identify risks and opportunities within our operational and sourcing footprints for responsible water use.
- Carbon/GHG roadmap Support development and fine-tuning of carbon model modules, gathering/validating/inputting data inputs into carbon model modules, assessment and revision of in-value-chain carbon reductions strategy, methodological accounting and alignment across Global and Local teams to unlock Danone North America’s overall carbon goals. The Associate Manager will work with global stakeholders to align on central/regional roadmap needs, partnering with the Nature Manager and Director and the Sustainable Finance team to align inputs tied to investments and work closely with Procurement to ensure that the carbon actions are accounted for in the official reporting cycle.
- Nature reporting. Support tracking and reporting of 12+ Nature KPIs within the Danone Impact Journey, including any other additional North America KPIs related to Nature topics. This includes supporting ability to bring online and/or improve tools, engaging across multiple cross-functional data owners to get inputs needed, and ensuring the overall validity of data. This will also include partnership with global counterparts to ensure alignment of the KPIs and data, as well as partnership with M&S Director responsible for Impact Measurement as a whole. The Associate Manager will ensure reporting data flows into multiple standard business processes such as annual plans, strategic planning, etc.
The Associate Manager will gain exposure across a breadth of Nature topics that will provide insight into what type of impact “matters” to the business (e.g., Danone’s consumers, customers, and brands) and to society. The Associate Manager will have frequent exposure to senior management and be responsible for leading high-impact projects and partnering with senior-level colleagues.
This position is hybrid and can be based in either White Plains, NY or Broomfield, CO.
We are looking for future business leaders with a passion and track record for leveraging strategic insights and analytics to unlock transformational impact for business and for society. Someone with a passion for and track record of working across Nature topics and finding solutions to tackle climate/biodiversity/circularity challenges through innovative solutions, programs, and partnerships. Someone who can turn seemingly opposing goals into a unified win-win solution across all stakeholders, both internal and external. Someone who is equally focused on strategy and able to get into the nitty gritty implementation details to unlock solutions. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and proactive, able to work independently, and has first-hand experience across both commercial priorities and Nature topic areas.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, with minimum 2 years at a top-tier strategy consulting or social impact consulting firm, in an internal strategy or mission/sustainability team, or other relevant CPG industry experience
- B.S./B.A. (required) in Business, Economics or Social Impact/Sustainability, or related field
- MBA (preferred) in Strategy and/or Social Impact/Sustainability
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities (required)
- Strong problem-solving capabilities to generate actionable insights from a wide array of qualitative and quantitative inputs and data in the spirit of “getting to the answer”
- Deep fluency in Excel and with large data sets and building complex models to build business cases to evaluate costs and impact, long-term forecasts, options analysis, scenario planning, etc. and the ability to translate this data into C-suite level cogent summary graphs, visuals and messaging that highlight actionable takeaways
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in developing presentations, action-oriented analysis, and materials for C-suite level board presentations
- Prior subject matter expertise in the Nature impact topic area, impact measurement and passion and interest for expanding subject matter expertise and knowledge across additional Nature topics
- Demonstrated track record working in cross-functional teams and understanding and problem-solving for competing needs and roles by building deep relationships, driving diverse groups of varying seniority to conclusions and critical pathways
- Flexible/adaptable in a highly dynamic business environment with competing priorities (i.e., impeccable time management, organizational and prioritization skills); comfortable with ambiguity and providing team-supporting functions.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, as needed
The base compensation range for this position is $80,000-$110,000 commensurate with experience. Danone North America additionally offers a performance-based bonus and has a strong benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Coverage, 401k Plan, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Flexible Time Off, and Paid Parental Bonding Leave, among other benefit plan options. To give our employees flexibility, Danone is a hybrid work environment with opportunities to work both remotely and in office when desired.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.