Why You'll Love What You Do At Planta
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance offered for PLANTA employees.
- Work/life balance is a priority — annual PTO starts 90 days after date of employment.
- No limit on referral bonuses for sending Leadership and Team Members our way, paid after 180 days of successful employment.
- ClassPass Wellness & Fitness membership (because healthful hedonism is a lifestyle).
- 50% off delicious plant-powered food at all full-service PLANTA concepts: PLANTA, PLANTA Queen, and PLANTA Cocina.
- Exciting career growth & development opportunities as part of an ever-expanding company: new restaurants and new positions are always on the horizon.
PLANTA is building a team of inclusive, strategic and dynamic individuals that embody a leadership style that promotes equity, productivity and workplace satisfaction. Our mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences; it’s our duty to develop our team of professionals to become the next industry leaders; it’s our quest to find the finest ingredients; it’s our social responsibility to become a more sustainable organization every day.
What you will find at PLANTA is passion without pretense; a unique group that loves coming to work every day, shouts good morning, rolls up their sleeves and works together to create innovative techniques to redefine hospitality.
Reporting to the Restaurant Leader, the Captain ensures that guests have a pleasant and memorable dining experience. This individual has extensive food and beverage knowledge and is guest driven. They monitor the setup, maintenance, cleanliness and safety of the dining areas. This individual must be able to complete opening and closing duties/checklists in a timely fashion. This individual must coordinate food service between kitchen and dining staff.What's On Your Plate
Ingredients You'll Bring To The Table
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- Create a world-class guest experience through interaction and CHG’s steps of service
- Anticipate guests’ needs and ensure that service exceeds expectations to ensure a memorable and pleasant dining experience
- Be knowledgeable of all food and beverage items in order to make recommendations
- Ensure accuracy when entering orders into the POS system
- Monitor food quality and presentation standards
- Maintain communication with and supports the venue’s Leadership Team.
- Inspect and detail dining room, table settings, chairs, floors, proper maintenance, cleanliness and safety
- Monitor the cleanliness of section and ensure all materials and areas are clean and free from clutter
- Follow all food safety standards and systems
- Be aware of any special requests, inclusive of guest allergies
- Responsibility of safe + informed ordering for allergen guests.
- Complete opening, closing and side-duties efficiently
- Make sure server station is stocked and ready for service
- Perform assigned side work
- Work as a team with co-workers: view the entire restaurant as your section when opportunity allows.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the management team
- Responsible for cash handling and accurate reporting, as the venue will lend a cash float for service
- Fully understand and embody PLANTA’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- 2-3 years experience in a high volume, casual fine-dining establishment
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- A proactive team player that embodies our spirit of entrepreneurship and mutual respect
- Smart Serve certification
- Strong knowledge food, wine + cocktails
- Good knowledge of food and beverage items
- Able to cope with pressure & tight schedule
- Professional, articulate, friendly, and punctual.
- Possesses and exhibits the drive to provide exceptional guest service
- Must be able to stand/walk for 8 hours; bend, push, pull; lift 30 lbs
- Proficient in computer skills including POS systems
- Professional appearance appropriate for a premier restaurant
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented and impeccably organized
- Degree/ Diploma in Hospitality, WSET, Prud’homme or equivalent considered an asset
- Full time flexible hours are required (days, nights, weekends, holidays) or as agreed with your hiring manager
At PLANTA we do not tolerate any form of discrimination in the workplace, including during the recruitment stages. As such, all applications are viewed by our diverse recruitment team that uses a holistic and equitable approach. PLANTA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Americas with Disabilities Act during the application process are available upon request.