WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
EXECUTIVE RESTAURANT LEADER
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance coverage for PLANTA employees.
- A generous paid parental leave package of up to 4 weeks.
- Work/life balance is a priority — annual PTO starts 90 days after the date of employment.
- No limit on referral bonuses for sending Leadership and Team Members our way, paid after 180 days of successful employment.
- Tuition and professional certification program assistance up to $2,500 — we want you to reach your goals.
- ClassPass Wellness & Fitness membership (because healthful hedonism is a lifestyle).
- 50% off delicious plant-powered food at all full-service PLANTA concepts: PLANTA, PLANTA Queen, and PLANTA Cocina.
- Exciting career growth & development opportunities as part of an ever-expanding company: new restaurants and new positions are always on the horizon.
The Executive Restaurant Leader is responsible for leading a team of restaurant and culinary operators to deliver operational excellence. The ERL will develop extraordinary leaders at every level, create memorable guest experiences through consistent delivery of the highest standards of food and service quality, impact sales and margin growth across multiple restaurants, and champion a positive working environment to put forward PLANTA’s Vision and Values. The ERL is accountable for budgeting and financial management, planning, organizing and directing guest services, including all staff, food and beverage operations, and development processes for multiple restaurants.WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
- Owns operations within the 4-walls during peak business days and hours.
- Trains, upholds and reinforces PLANTA quality standards and SOPs and performs regular inspections of their restaurants to ensure operations excellence in the front and kitchen.
- Creates and implements operational systems and processes to improve and enhance operational standards.
Training, Development and Culture
- Fosters and grows a culture of internal and external hospitality, where employees have clear expectations and are managed according to PLANTA standards.
- Ensures training is executed according to PLANTA gold standard for all leadership and hourly team members.
- Directs training for kitchen and FOH leadership trainees.
- Lead by example, coaching and mentoring a strong team of Leaders, ensuring a succession planning pipeline within the organization.
- Actively identifies and grooms internal talent, recruits, onboards, and ensures staffing levels are properly maintained, while retaining A players.
- Develops and executes quarterly objectives (key elements include: P&L, financial responsibilities, labor and food planning, local store marketing, performance management) to meet or exceed budgeted plan for topline sales and EBITDA.
- Maximizes profits through sales growth and cost control i.e. cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate action steps.
- Promotes, Implements and creates strategies and tactics to improve service and grow top line sales including, but not limited to events, catering, take-out, local store marketing and community building.
- Full ownership and oversight over OpEx.
- Executes marketing initiatives, promotions and events to PLANTA standards.
- Grows and maintains relationships with PX and regular guests.
Safety & Compliance
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Accountable for maintaining the highest health department inspection outcomes.
- Monitors adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards within location, ensure compliance with restaurant security procedures, inclusive of alcohol regulations, ensure a safe working environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team and guests, maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Ensures compliance with equal opportunity employment, non-discrimination, ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) laws, and all other municipal, state or local laws and regulations.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
At PLANTA we do not tolerate any form of discrimination in the workplace, including during the recruitment stages. As such, all applications are viewed by our diverse recruitment team that uses a holistic and equitable approach. PLANTA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status, or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Americas with Disabilities Act during the application process are available upon request.
- 5+ years of restaurant leadership experience in progressively responsible roles, including Profit & Loss responsibility
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Management ServeSafe certification, or equivalent
- Passion for developing yourself while supporting the success of your team
- Intense focus on, and a track record of delivering results
- Guest obsession, including your internal guests: your team
- Strong fluency in kitchen operations
- Ready to master every position in the restaurant before trying to teach someone else. Fully understand and embody PLANTA’s value of humility, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- Fluent in P&L Management, accounting, budgeting, inventory and cost control
- Demonstrated experience with decision making, process improvement, strategic planning, customer focus, leadership proficiency, managing profitability, and quality control
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Good oral/written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Point of Sale (Toast preferred, but not required)
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
More detail about PLANTA Nomad part of PLANTA, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/322931-planta-nomad