is building a team of inclusive, strategic and dynamic individuals that embody a leadership style that promotes equity, productivity and workplace satisfaction. Our mission is to MAKE AN IMPACT. We achieve this through our dynamic team composed of champions across all realms of the hospitality industry - from creative and marketing to culinary, beverage and beyond creating the ultimate guest experience.
Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences; it’s our duty to develop our team of professionals to become the next industry leaders; it’s our quest to find the finest ingredients; it’s our social responsibility to become a more sustainable organization every day.
What you will find at PLANTA
is passion without pretense; a unique group that loves coming to work every day, shouts good morning, rolls up their sleeves and works together to create innovative techniques to redefine hospitality.LINE COOK
Reporting to the Chef de Cuisine, the Line Cook will be responsible for their station from prepping, cleaning, and cooking food as per recipe standards while maintaining a sanitized work area. The successful individual is passionate about the culinary industry and creating memorable dishes for our guests.WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Champions the brand’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- Remain professional and poised during peak service hours
- Prepare station for service, complete mise en place and stock list
- Prepare dishes during service in a high paced and detail orientated kitchen
- Prepare all assigned menu items in an efficient and consistent manner
- Ensure company and kitchen standards are met at all times
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WHAT YOU DO WITH PLANTA:
- Fully understand and embody PLANTA’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- 1 -2 years line cook experience
- Plant-based, vegan or vegetarian experience is an asset
- Exude positivity and possess a welcoming and enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Exceptional ability to provide the utmost WOW factor experience to our guests.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented and impeccably organized
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Have extensive knowledge on cooking temperatures and general food safety regulations
- Culinary degree/diploma and/or the equivalent in education and experience is an asset
- Full time flexible hours are required (days, nights, weekends, holidays)
At PLANTA we do not tolerate any form of discrimination in the workplace, including during the recruitment stages. As such, all applications are viewed by our diverse recruitment team that uses a holistic and equitable approach. PLANTA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Americas with Disabilities Act during the application process are available upon request.
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career with our ever growing company
- Mentorship and guidance by top hospitality professionals in the city
- Employee discounts for ClassPass and Equinox Memberships
- Medical and dental benefits for eligible employees
- Discounted Pet Insurance Available
- 50% Discounts at all full service PLANTA wide concepts
- **Shift meal provided**
More detail about PLANTA Nomad part of PLANTA, please visit https://culinaryagents.com/entities/322931-planta-nomad