At Corbion, we exist to champion preservation in all its forms, preserving food and food production, health, and our planet.
Corbion is looking for a strong Transportation Planner who thrives in a fast-paced, team environment. Ideal candidate will be detail-oriented with strong financial/business analysis skills and be an effective communicator across all levels of the organization.
Our Logistics Transportation Planner will own daily tasks such as transportation planning; success requires heavy process-orientation. As the “link" between customer service and the warehouse/operations, communication skills are key. Are you highly-organized multi-tasker? You may be the new employee we’re seeking! In addition to managing transportation execution this person is likely to have responsibilities to file freight claims and resolve transportation invoicing issues.
- Manage customer orders using a Transportation Management System (TMS), evaluate the most economical moves (Parcel, LTL, TL), and route orders accordingly, while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Once planned and executed in the TMS then complete the process in the host ERP to release the order to the warehouse. Once shipped provide freight entry.
- Provide rates quotes and shipment tracking for Sales and Customer Service.
- Work with Customer Service to recommend consolidation options and coordinate deadline revisions.
- Apply product knowledge and company procedures to ensure products are transported under conditions that maintain product integrity.
- Partner with internal partners to research carrier complaints regarding bill of ladings, delivery/pick-up appointments, etc. and provide corrective action and/or preventive actions as needed.
- Understand current regulations and maintain compliance regarding weight restrictions and hazardous material shipping and handling which might affect our operations, costs, and liability.
- Audit and approve freight invoices and coordinate between internal partners and carriers regarding billing problems.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, and minimum of two years of experience in the transportation and/or distribution industry. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Proven understanding of order life cycle management (order thru delivery)
- Working knowledge of common concepts, practices, and procedures within transportation industry and/or supply chain and logistics.
- Exposure to the following technologies: Excel, E2Open or comparable Transportation Management System, SAP ERP.
- Experience with liquid bulk shipments and Intra-Canada shipments/carriers helpful.
- Background within a manufacturing/warehousing/customer service or transportation provider environment is preferred.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2022, Corbion generated annual sales of € 1,457.9 million and has a workforce of over 2601 employees. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.