At Corbion, we exist to champion preservation in all its forms, preserving food and food production, health, and our planet.
Procurement Category Manager III
Corbion is seeking a highly organized Procurement Manager experienced in food procurement. In this role, you will source for particular assigned categories of raw materials and be responsible for exploration, development, and execution of category strategies, engaging with our supplier base and internal cross-functional teams. You will be accountable for cost savings ideation and delivering against individual, department and company annual targets while proactively updating management on issues and opportunities.
- Understand market dynamics within the assigned categories and the impact of price volatility on business performance.
- Develop, recommend and execute procurement strategies for assigned categories.
- Partner with internal stakeholders (R&D, Operations, C&D, Marketing, Pricing) and proactively provide market price updates and relative market intelligence information.
- Maintain contracts and commitments in a timely manner to understand financial exposure.
- Identify and implement cost savings opportunities within the total supply chain of assigned categories.
- Oversee annual budget and monthly updates for assigned categories.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, food industry, business or related disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience in food procurement/supply chain is required.
- Understand assigned markets and the supply/demand fundamentals that make up price risk management.
- Financial awareness and ability to correlate financial goal, events that influence those outputs and proactively manage those activities.
- Proven strong communication skills including ability to understand/communicate/present and execute complex procurement strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cross functional matrix environment where responsibilities are layered throughout the organization.
- Successful track record of managing projects to completion.
- Knowledge of contract management and resolution procedures.
- Detailed understanding of Source to Pay tools (SAP, KYOS) with advanced literacy in all Microsoft applications.
- Travel up to 10%
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2022, Corbion generated annual sales of € 1,457.9 million and has a workforce of over 2601 employees. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.