Benson Hill empowers innovators to unlock the global genetic potential of plants to benefit society and our planet. We are building the future of genomics in food and agriculture and are looking for talented and passionate individuals who will help deliver this vision. Our core values are to Be Bold, Be Inspired and Be Real! You can read more about our purpose and values on our website at www.bensonhill.com.
Reflecting our corporate values, the accounting and finance team is full of professionals that are bold, inspired and real! Every day is a new challenge, and if you join this team, you will continually be looking for ways to help us get better at what we do in the most efficient way possible. We are actively seeking a Senior Manager of FP&A to join our rapidly growing team where you will be challenged to partner with business leaders in the design, implementation and management of reporting best practices as well as finding efficiencies through centralization and automation.
The Senior Manager of FP&A will be a key financial partner to the Executive Leadership Team. This highly visible role requires a strategic and innovative thinker who is able to develop and implement new processes and drive financial analysis while being a well-respected and valued partner across the organization. The Senior Manager of FP&A will be responsible for leading the company-wide financial planning & analysis processes, conducting analytics on total company financials, implementing new processes for a fast growing organization, managing & implementing FP&A system tools, and providing broad decision support analytics to assist business leaders. In this capacity you lead our forecast and planning efforts across the company as well as all analytics and reporting. You think critically about the company’s short- and long-term strategic and financial priorities and actively seek out opportunities to drive and influence top-line value and operating leverage.
This role will be responsible for developing and driving a proactive, collaborative partnership among the finance and accounting team, understanding team needs, driving constructive and engaging conversations, monitoring stakeholder feedback, and identifying trends and opportunities to advance our overall business & mission.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Ensure an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to strategic objectives.
- Spearhead the implementation and optimization of the corporate forecasting tool and integration with our existing reporting system.
- Perform in depth financial analysis, build strategic models, and develop fact-based recommendations to help senior leadership make informed business decisions.
- Drive alignment and consistency with Business Partner Leads who support Sales, Marketing, R&D, G&A and Operations. Understand needs and provide tools and processes they can leverage.
- Lead and support any ad hoc financial analysis, modeling, and analytical support.
- A Positive Team Oriented Attitude is Key to Our Positive Culture
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field required
- MBA with a concentration in Business, Accounting, or Finance is a plus
- 8+ years of progressively complex roles with financial planning and analysis experience/understanding, particularly in a Corporate FP&A role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, decision making, and project management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a rigorous environment where priorities can change quickly; strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness and flexibility to vary hours and efforts according to deadlines
- Ability to partner cross functionally, through strong relationship building, influencing, negotiating and communication skills, with all levels of management
- Experience in using PBCS or Hyperion for forecasting and reporting purposes is strongly preferred
- A flexible PTO program with a focus on work/life balance
- Competitive medical benefits and retirement savings plan
- Low CostDental and Vision Coverage
- Education reimbursement
- PAID parental leave