At Corbion, we exist to champion preservation in all its forms, preserving food and food production, health, and our planet.
Education: College level chemistry background or equivalent experience; college level degree desirable.
Experience: Experience in a related industry laboratory environment; atomic absorption, gas-liquid chromatography, HPLC or near-infrared spectrophotometry beneficial.
Following prescribed guidelines and under general supervision, the QC Technician performs the following duties:
- Analyzes all incoming raw materials to ensure conformance to specifications. Approves or rejects raw material based on analytical data.
- Analyzes all finished products to ensure conformance to specifications. Approves or rejects product based on analytical data.
- Maintains all applicable laboratory records regarding batch approval or rejection, raw material approval or rejection, and communicates this data to management personnel as required.
- Inspects shipments of all products as requested to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Performs instrumental analysis using atomic absorption, gas-liquid chromatography, and other techniques as required.
- Effectively communicates with other department personnel and management.
- Ensures that information on shop orders, labels and cartons is correct.
- Ensures the cleanliness of equipment before certain products are produced.
- Required to perform audits and inspections of plants, product or paperwork such as work instructions.
- Required to perform environmental samples as needed.
General Working Environment:
- Analyses in the laboratory involve the use of strong acids, bases, and corrosive materials. Some chemicals have been listed as potential health hazards necessitating the use of fume hoods, protective clothing and other devices. Hot plates and ovens which operate at elevated temperatures are also used. Some flammable liquids are present. Hot liquid samples of products will be present in the laboratory on a regular basis. A microwave drying oven is also used for testing of hydrated products. Inspections of the plant or audits of paperwork may take individuals out of the laboratory and into the plant or outside the building in inclement weather.
- Some work shifts may have only one technician present so laboratory safety must be a constant consideration. Personnel shall perform their duties consistent with OSHA regulations.
Usual Physical Activities:
Through the course of a typical shift, an individual in this position will perform the following activities:
- Reaches above and below the shoulders,
- Traverses multiple levels via stairs,
- Lifts boxes ranging from 45 pounds to 55 pounds,
- Positions drums on pallets with weight ranges from 110 pounds to 450 pounds,
- Corrected vision, speaking ability, and hearing are usually involved in performing written and verbal job functions.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2022, Corbion generated annual sales of € 1,457.9 million and has a workforce of over 2601 employees. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.