EVERY™ is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company and market leader using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change-makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?The Role
We are looking for a highly skilled and dedicated Senior Protein Scientist to join our innovative team. This role involves spearheading projects as the technical lead, from planning to execution, while demonstrating expertise in Protein Science and Analytical Biochemistry. The Senior Protein Scientist will play a pivotal role in advancing our mission by developing and implementing novel methodologies for protein analysis and purification.What You'll Accomplish
- Independently own and lead technical projects from inception to execution, serving as the subject matter expert in Protein Science and Analytical Biochemistry.
- Develop and execute advanced methods for protein separation, purification, identification, quantification, and characterization.
- Regularly perform analytical methods to support company-wide projects.
- Develop biochemical and biophysical methods, and conduct assays for both supporting and leading projects.
- Deliver key results within project deadlines and team goals, ensuring timely execution of projects within stakeholder constraints.
- Focus on new method development and validation for characterizing and quantifying proteins and other components in EVERY™ products.
- Improve existing methods and develop new techniques for protein purification.
- Develop methodologies for real-time quantification of proteins, polysaccharides, small metabolites, and other essential constituents in fermented materials.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of post-PhD experience in an academic or industrial research lab, or in analytical method development.
- Proficiency in at least three of the following instrumental techniques: HPLC-UV/RI/DLS, LC/MS, Akta, NIR.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and lead multiple objectives in parallel.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Consulting period: 3 months, starting in January 2024.
- Location: On-site in Daly City.
- Working hours: 10 or more hours per week.
- Comprehensive benefits: 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Tasty perks: Weekly catered lunches
- Customizable options: FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Work-life harmony: Flexible PTO and 10+ paid company holidays per year
- Onsite conveniences: Free parking and unlimited gym access
- Energizing refreshments: Unlimited sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Exciting socials: Themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Open communication: Monthly all-hands meetings and direct access to CEO and leadership
- Ideal location: Close to Daly City BART and Caltrain stations
Pay Range: $XX,XXX - $XX,XXX
At EVERY™ pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.Dedication to Diversity
EVERY is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment. We want our workplace to enable productivity and meaningful work for individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles, allowing all employees to feel comfortable being their true, authentic selves at work.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.