Leads the strategic sourcing of new and existing direct materials (ingredients or packaging material) to support the manufacturing of finished goods according to established procedures, practices, and policies. Delivers value for the company through innovation projects that reduce & control cost, improve quality, drive efficiency, and cont ribute to positive social and environmental impact.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Leads a team of sourcing strategists and specialists, including supporting in all aspects of executing with excellence, developing, and improving functional and leadership competencies, and finding meaning and fulfillment in their work.
- Effective in creating a team culture committed to proactivity, creativity, detail- orientation, collaboration, and kindness with both internal and external partners.
- Oversees ongoing training for team and onboarding of new team members.
- Effective at managing competing priorities; proactive in renegotiating expectations with others to ensure they can deliver on what is most important.
- Leads exceptional and well-designed meetings that deliver results; Effective at creating an environment that encourages the open sharing of ideas and concerns.
- Maintains a best-in-class supplier management program, effectively deploying team resources according to supplier Tier.
- Highly professional, prepared, and operating with a sense of urgency to support the team in resolution of short-term supply issues.
- Develops and implements sourcing strategies for all core ingredients in their Category(s) to support the long-term health and growth of the company, including driving cost savings, reducing supply assurance risk, enhancing food safety and quality, improving manufacturing efficiency, and delivering meaningful sustainability impact.
- Track and when needed alert key leaders about relevant industry trends that could impact business.
- Manages and resolves issues on established Key Performance Indicators related to supply and supply availability (e.g., Right First Time, # and severity of high-risk items, contract shortages, holds, contract management, on-hand inventory).
- Creative, collaborative, and flexible in working with partner departments – including Planning, Quality Systems, Culinary, Logistics, & Production - to understand constraints and identify solutions to improve ways of working.
- Has general understanding of forecast & supply planning tools and uses that knowledge to make optimal supply management decisions.
It is the responsibility of all employees to uphold the mission of the Amy’s food Safety and Quality Policy. This includes following all Food Safety and Sustainability programs and participating in all required training. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for supervising sourcing strategists and specialists and providing feedback on the performance of others in the department.Qualifications And Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
7+ years' experience in a purchasing role and at least 4+ years’ experience in a management role, or a combination of experience and a relevant degree (e.g., Business, Processing Engineering, Agribusiness, Food or Crop Science or equivalent work experience). Additional experience in organic farming, food processing, packaging, material planning, inventory control, quality & food safety, and negotiation highly preferred. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and write reports and correspondence and lead professional conversations and meetings with customers or coworkers.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.Mathematical / Computer Skills
Ability to analyze and solve basic math and algebraic problems. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with intermediate skill in Excel. Extensive experience using ERP and Supply Chain Plan Systems expected. REASONING ABILITY and CREATIVITY:
Ability to creatively solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Excellent time management and organizational skills. Proven ability to work in a fast-paced team environment essential, with a high degree of flexibility and tolerance to change. PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. TRAVEL
This job will require up to 20% travel.
Petaluma/Bay Area Compensation range:
$111,200 - $166,800