Black Sheep Foods is propelling the alternative protein industry forward by creating plant-based meats that taste better than their animal counterparts. We use novel flavor technology to break down the taste of animals at a molecular level and then recreate the best flavors into our products. Our first product, plant-based lamb, has received rave reviews from chefs and customers alike, and is currently featured on menus at renowned restaurants across the country.
As we expand our product line and market presence, we are seeking a Sales Manager, West to join our team. In this role, you'll identify, onboard, & build relationships with new customers, represent Black Sheep at industry events and in the marketplace. You will be responsible for delivering revenue, volume, distribution, and growth objectives through Commercial & Non-Commercial Foodservice Channels.
The right candidate is collaborative, enterprising, drives for results, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and willing to roll up their sleeves to deliver on company goals.
- Execute regional business plan to achieve budgeted sales, volume, and distribution objectives in assigned geographical territory
- Manage sales calls and customer information in our CRM; share data and key insights within the company to grow our business efficiently
- Directly own the relationship of distributors at each level of the organization to drive growth, working alongside key distributor stakeholders to grow the business
- Develop sales programs for distributor reps and execute distributor events (food shows, sales meetings, etc.) that drive new business and category leadership
- Leverage existing network with Distributors, Food Management Companies (Compass, Aramark, Sodexo) to accelerate new distribution and volume
- Build new relationships with large regional chain partners, large leverage operators, and Non-Commercial operators
- 5+ years experience in a foodservice sales role, managing distributors, brokers and/or regional key accounts for a perishable food company
- Strong business and financial acumen, understands the difference between a good customer and a bad customer in keeping company objectives in mind
- Self-starter with a bias to action and all in attitude; can work independently and collaboratively
- Driven to cold call and thinks creatively to source new potential customers
- Excellent presentation and written skills
- Fluent in Google Suite, Microsoft Suite and standard CRM tools
- Up to 70% travel via driving air travel, and overnight stays
- Valid Driver’s license, insurance, and safe driving record
- Ability to work out of a home office located within assigned West Coast region and within 30 miles of a major airport
- Opportunity to grow and hone skills in a dynamic and evolving industry
- Collaborative work environment with a dedicated and passionate team
- Competitive compensation and potential for growth within the company
- Up to 4% 401k matching; health, vision, dental insurance