ProVeg International is a food awareness organization working to transform the global food system by replacing 50% of animal products globally with plant-based and cultivated foods by 2040. ProVeg works to engage with all relevant stakeholders to create a food system where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet.
We create global impact, with offices in 12 countries across four continents and more than 200 employees and has received the United Nations’ Momentum for Change Award and works closely with key UN food and environment agencies.
As our Director of Philanthropy, you will play a pivotal role in accelerating the transition to a more sustainable future where everyone chooses delicious, healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and the planet. By implementing the effective giving strategies of key stakeholders in the U.S. and beyond, you will support their ambition to create a better world.
Your key responsibilities will include cultivating relationships with existing and new major donors and foundations, particularly in the areas of climate and conservation. You will also engage mid-level supporters and relevant stakeholders, including the corporate sector.
As a representative of ProVeg as an international organization, you will lead a small global development team and support ProVeg's country fundraising strategies. Apart from several important long-term and new major donors, it will be your mission to cultivate, develop and broaden our dedicated global supporter base.
Reports to: President and CEO
Department: Fundraising and Supporter Engagement
Location: Remote, in the United States
Salary: $120,000 - $140,000 in the US, commensurate with skill-set and experience
1. Major Gifts, Corporations and Foundations:
- Identify and prepare proposals for new revenue streams (think outside the box!), with an emphasis on the climate-food nexus. This includes potential HNWIs, corporates, and foundations.
- Identify and develop processes and systems to support the growth of major-donor income.
- Identify suitable projects within the organization’s plan to build support cases and fulfill donor preferences.
- Oversee fundraising events for major donors, and assist the President in managing donor relationships.
2. Management & Leadership
- Lead the International Fundraising team, setting annual goals, providing regular feedback, conducting annual performance reviews, and supporting continuous professional development.
- Mentor country-specific Fundraising colleagues and support ProVeg's country revenue-generation strategies.
3. Development Planning
- Design, develop, and implement a resource mobilization and cultivation strategy for one and three-year periods in collaboration with the President and CEO.
- 5+ years of experience in senior fundraising at a (ideally: US-based) non-profit, preferably with an international focus. A similar or additional corporate background would also be useful.
- Understanding of effective altruism, and up-to-date knowledge of US and/or European fundraising trends.
- A track record of identifying and securing significant, multi-year funds from donors (minimum five to six-figures), particularly new donors and foundations.
- Significant experience in researching and developing strong stakeholder relationships, as well as experience with writing concise reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including confident demeanor and experience in engaging with a diverse range of high-net-worth individuals.
- Willingness to travel, approximately six times per year (twice a year outside of the US).
- Strong motivation to support the plant-based movement.
- Knowledge and understanding of the global food-system transition towards alternative proteins.
- Formal membership of state or federal professional-fundraising bodies.
- Adherence to a plant-based diet and lifestyle :)
- Several weeks paid vacation and sick leave; national holidays (dependent on location)
- Health-coverage reimbursement (applicable to the US)
- Provision of a work laptop
- Flexible, trust-based working arrangements and home-office arrangements
- A strong organizational focus on personal development, with a designated training budget
- Career-development support
- Mindfulness program
- We are a workplace that encourages everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We are an inclusive workplace for our diverse employees around the world
- And, last but not least, become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet!
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, gender expression, or gender characteristics.