Ripple Foods, headquartered in Berkeley, CA, is looking for a highly motivated Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to join our Finance and Accounting team. This position will report to the CFO. This role will support ﬁnancial forecasting, planning, and reporting at Ripple. The Director of FP&A will work closely with our Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, and R&D teams to provide a wide range of ﬁnancial analysis and recommendations to senior management, evaluate new initiatives, track detailed cost and margin structures, and develop reporting on Key Performance Indicators to Plan.
This is a full time position. Ideal candidates will be based on the West Coast. Can be remote or for Bay Area candidates this can be an excellent hybrid work opportunity!
- Responsible for overseeing the company’s financial forecasts, the annual budget process, operating plan variance analysis and participate in special projects. Our ideal candidate will have led the FP&A function at a fast-growing company and is as comfortable rolling their sleeves up to get the job done as they are working with a team to deliver results.
- Improve the Company’s budgeting, monitoring, and forecasting processes. The Director of FP&A will work with leadership cross-functionally to translate the Company's long-term strategic plan into action by creating a robust budget, establishing reliable projections, and defining and measuring meaningful key metrics.
- Collaborate with business partners to drive strategic projects and long-range planning, forecast revenue and operating costs, develop product P&Ls, and support financial review meetings and other ad hoc projects.
- Provide financial leadership and strategic insights, supporting Sales, Marketing, R&D and Supply Chains as the Company expands into new markets, channels, and new product lines.
As the Director of FP&A, you will:
- Build, develop, mentor, and manage the Financial Planning and Analysis team (currently consisting of a Manager of FP&A)
- Be responsible for financial planning, forecasting, budgeting and analytical support to the leadership team and senior business leaders
- Own monthly processes to monitor progress against goals and evaluate budget variances to ensure a clear understanding of factors influencing our financial position and key metrics
- Prepare monthly dashboard of operating results, trends, and metrics for the leadership team
- Collaborate with leaders to establish proper revenue targets
- Manage and improve our financial planning software and other financial systems (including Anaplan and NetSuite)
- Assess the financial viability of new initiatives and design KPIs to understand their success
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting materials for our executive team and board
- Bring best practices to develop, implement, and manage policies and processes that scale our financial operations
- Participate actively in financial due diligence process for fundraising and M&A as necessary
- Work collaboratively with other departments to drive the process, data collection and reporting across the organization
- Become embedded with the rest of the organization, establish trust, and quickly understand the business, economics, and metrics
- Identify additional data needed and help operationalize and streamline the systems and data collection processes needed to create a more comprehensive forecasting and planning process
- Develop robust models on trends, key business drivers, and ﬁnancial results to prioritize & plan investment decisions in collaboration with senior management
- Focus on sources of variability, understand causes, and implement data-driven forecasting improvements
- Work with Accounting on the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting cycle to reﬂect accurate costs and liabilities
As this is a highly cross-functional role, candidates are required to be highly analytical and very effective communicators and collaborators. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of superior ﬁnancial modeling and using analysis to inﬂuence decision-making, including prior experience in a corporate ﬁnance and/or strategy-related role. The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, inquisitive, enjoy problem solving, and focused on driving results.
- 8-10+ years of relevant ﬁnancial reporting/ﬁnancial analysis experience with a proven grasp of FP&A responsibilities
- 4-year degree with strong academic performance, MBA preferred
- Ideal candidates would have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- FP&A or strategic ﬁnance role at a fast-growing startup, or
- Financial roles and training at a large CPG company, or
- Supply Chain ﬁnancial analysis.
- Candidates with experience in CPG, food manufacturing, or a business with manufacturing and/or distribution highly preferred
- Excellent ﬁnancial modeling skills and experience leading and managing highly quantitative, complex analysis
- Comfortable working across business/product lines and adept in learning the key drivers so that they can help tell the story and consult on levers to pull to continue growing strong top and bottom-line results.
- A strategic mindset, and the ability to influencing business partners through diplomacy, building consensus, negotiating, and exercising leadership skills
- Willingness and ability to “roll up their sleeves” to get the job done as they are working with a team to deliver results.
- Very strong communication and presentation skills with experience creating and delivering effective presentations to management teams
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, demanding environment. Must manage multiple tasks and juggle several urgent demands at any given point, while adapting to changing priorities
- Experience with NetSuite and Anaplan is preferred
- Experience with Inventory/Costing in a co-manufacturer environment preferred
- Must be able to commit to working West Coast hours
- An inclusive and collaborative environment where all ideas are welcome, iteration is encouraged, and the best ideas are adopted. As a certified B-corporation we go the extra mile to ensure our business benefits our employees, our consumers, our local community and the world around us.
- Excellent Health care coverage for you and your family
- Generous time off: the freedom you need to take time away from work to rest and recharge
- Pay It Forward or Give It Back: 20 hours paid time each year to volunteer. Join a planned event or volunteer individually for a cause that matters to you
- Paid bonding leave for new parents and pregnancy disability leave
- Financial and Emotional Wellness Programs: Equity grants, 401(k) offering, life insurance and access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Certain positions may require COVID vaccination if traveling to our vendors who may require vaccination pursuant to their company policy.
Location: Can be Remote or Hybrid
Annual Salary Range: $190,000-$200,000