The Raw Material Buyer/Planner is responsible for buying ingredients and packaging to ensure a source of supply is in place to meet sales demand, communicating the production requirements, and ensuring successful new product launches & product transitions. The KPI’s for this role will be customer order fill rate, scrap costs, and manufacturing efficiency.
- Ensures packaging and ingredients are available at production sites through material supply planning, purchase order placement & management, supplier communication & collaboration, ingredient transfers.
- Daily review of ingredient and packaging PO status and delivery confirmation, confirming POs deliver on time to support production, adjusting plans and communicating cross functionally if delivery dates change.
- Collaborates with internal Logistics team for material movements where Califia is responsible for freight.
- Manages material supply and target days on hand to allow flexibility for production and reduce risk for waste. Keep Anaplan MRP tool updated and current for all material needs, including BOM version control, material transitions and updates.
- Collaborates with procurement team on material needs, vendor forecasts and strategies to effectively manage supply of packaging and ingredients.
- Leads, as needed, projects where packaging and or ingredients will be changing. Communicates to cross functional partners transition timing and dates. Responsible for hitting target transition dates as planned.
- Works with warehouse team to ensure space is available for materials storage. Review materials on hand for aging risk and high days of supply and takes action to rectify.
- Leads weekly or biweekly meetings with production sites to ensure schedules and materials are confirmed and in place.
- Works with Production Control Analyst to keep BOM versions and changes up to date for any transitions for packaging and ingredients.
- Completes transactions in Ross (ERP) system. Supports PO and invoice reconciliation as needed with accounts payable teams. Provide all needed documentation for inventory management of materials.
- Create a finite schedule for production of finished goods at our company-owned site and/or co- manufacturing sites. Creates PO to co-manufacturing for those scheduled runs and job releases in Ross for material consumption.
- Track and report out factory schedule attainment vs. targets to help track material usages at manufacture.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Supply Chain Management, Business, or Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience working in consumer packaged goods, food and beverage
- 3-5 years Supply Chain experience, preferably in Supply Planning, with a minimum of 2 years of direct buying experience.
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and during times of significant change.
- Relentless attention to details.
- Outstanding analytical skills with a proven ability to problem solve and develop solutions to complex problems.
- Previous experience working with cross functional partners (Supply Chain, Quality, R&D, Co-Manufacturers, Manufacturing).
- Ability to collaborate and influence others.
- Strong communication skills.