At Corbion, we exist to champion preservation in all its forms, preserving food and food production, health, and our planet.
Warehouse Associates are responsible for the receiving of materials and other supplies, shipping finished goods, loading trucks for customer orders, and transporting product to/from the plant and Distribution Center. The Warehouse Supervisor may assign other miscellaneous duties.
Essential Job Functions
Following prescribed guidelines and under general supervision, the Warehouse Associate performs the following duties:
- Responsible for operating fork trucks to load or unload tractor trailers with finished product.
- Responsible for following work instructions related to the loading of trucks including processing of pick sheets and bills of lading information in completing customer orders.
- Shuttles material between buildings and placing it in proper locations. When placing product in the Distribution Center, reports are completed and placed in the trailer.
- Unloads over-the-road trucks containing raw materials and packaging materials. Responsible for following work instructions related to unloading raw materials.
- Follows BRC guidelines and meets all plant sanitation standards. Completes required sanitation schedule as necessary.
- Takes action as directed by the Warehouse Manager, Warehouse Supervisor or other management personnel.
- Takes action consistent with established procedures during any emergency condition. Notifies appropriate personnel when an emergency condition is observed. Always works according to established safety procedures and uses prescribed safety equipment. Follows all safety rules.
- Performs other jobs as instructed by supervision. May perform other jobs in other classifications as required by supervision.
- Assists in training personnel as required.
General Working Environment
- Warehouse Associates are required to sample raw and finished material. Use of appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required.
Usual Physical Activities
Through the course of a typical shift an individual in this position will perform the following activities;
- Reaches above and below the shoulders,
- Traverses multiple levels via stairs,
- Operates a forklift to build and move pallets
- Hand stack pallets of boxes ranging from 45 pounds to 55 pounds,
- Positions drums on pallets with weight ranges from 110 to 450 pounds,
- Corrected vision, speaking ability, and hearing are usually involved in performing written and verbal job functions.
Corbion is the global market leader in lactic acid and its derivatives, and a leading supplier of emulsifiers, functional enzyme blends, minerals, vitamins, and algae ingredients. We use our unique expertise in fermentation and other processes to deliver sustainable solutions for the preservation of food and food production, health, and our planet. For over 100 years, we have been uncompromising in our commitment to safety, quality, innovation and performance. Drawing on our deep application and product knowledge, we work side-by-side with customers to make our cutting-edge technologies work for them. Our solutions help differentiate products in markets such as food, home & personal care, animal nutrition, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and bioplastics. In 2022, Corbion generated annual sales of € 1,457.9 million and has a workforce of over 2601 employees. Corbion is listed on Euronext Amsterdam. For more information: www.corbion.com
Corbion is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, handicapping condition, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.
Corbion provides reasonable accommodation to applicants.
Corbion does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. All candidates must be submitted by approved Corbion vendors who have been expressly requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening. No placement fees will be paid to any firm unless such a request has been made by the Corbion Talent Acquisition team and such candidate was submitted to the Corbion Talent Acquisition Team.