Oshi is a plant-based seafood company headquartered in Israel. We utilize a breakthrough technology to make premium whole-cut, plant-based fish fillets to sustainably feed the world at scale. Our first product is a salmon-inspired fillet, already served at a handful of restaurants in New York! We're looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Sales Manager to lead our growth in the New York food-service channel.
About the role:
We're looking for a Sales Manager to be the first member of our U.S. team. This individual will lead our growth by expanding our sales in New York City. This dynamic role demands a proactive approach and excellent interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in helping Oshi build brand awareness and expand sales in the U.S., while collaborating closely with Oshi's leadership team to create a comprehensive business outreach plan that focuses on food service and distribution.
- Lead the end-to-end sales funnel, including lead generation, in-person cold outreach, visiting restaurants and engaging with the chef and team, meeting with chefs to pitch our product and cook it together, processing POs, solving problems on the go, and more.
- Effectively manage and update the sales CRM.
- Foster and maintain client relationships.
- Align with the sales strategy to drive business growth with foodservice customers and distributors.
- Track goals and objectives to ensure company growth according to set targets.
- Identify and cultivate sales growth opportunities through events, partnerships, diversified sales channels and more.
- Maintain an up-to-date competitor analysis and analyze market trends to focus business efforts in the right place.
- Work closely with the marketing and operations team to ensure customer success.
- Any other relevant task that can drive sales growth.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of experience in sales or business development, preferably within the food-service industry.
- People’s person with a sociable personality.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strong execution skills and a hands-on attitude.
- A team player open to feedback and continuous improvement.
- Comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment, with frequent changes and pivots.
- Strong organization and time-management skills.
- Experience working with CRM systems – preferred.
- Culinary background (Chef) – preferred.
This is a full-time position based in New York that requires travel to Manhattan and Brooklyn several times a week.