National Sales Manager
San Francisco, CA | Full time, Exempt | Reports to Co-Founder/CEO
Who We Are
12 Tides is an ocean-friendly food company based in San Francisco, CA. Our mission is to transform the food system into a force for good for our oceans, starting with our tasty organic kelp snacks. We source organic kelp from regenerative ocean farms in the US to incorporate it into better-for-you, ocean-friendly foods. 12 Tides is a Certified B Corp and contributes 1% of sales to support kelp forest restoration with our non-profit partner SeaTrees. We also package our snacks in compostable pouches, to help lead the food industry away from petroleum-based plastic packaging. Together we are turning the tide on climate change, one kelp chip at a time.
National Sales Manager will play a critical role in expanding sales and distribution for 12 Tides. This position will drive sales, increase market share, manage promotional schedules, open new accounts, and build long-term relationships with key customers, distributors and brokers. If you’re excited to grow with a fast-paced startup, this is the role for you!
This is a full time, exempt position based at our HQ in the Dogpatch neighborhood in San Francisco, CA.
- Responsible for managing key existing Natural and Specialty accounts including Whole Foods, Erewhon, Natural Grocers, Thrive Market, New Seasons, PCC, Bristol Farms, Lazy Acres and Met Market
- Drive sales and generate excitement for 12 Tides through identifying new sales channels, promotional programs and merchandising opportunities
- Manage outside broker teams to support existing accounts and secure expansion into strategic new accounts that are aligned with the business growth plan
- Own the promotion calendar, tracking key dates and ensuring expert promo execution
- Own the relationship with key distributor partners, including UNFI and Kehe
- Hire and manage a team of brokers as we launch in new regions
- New item submission and new vendor setup
- Represent 12 Tides at key in-person meetings, including category reviews and trade shows
- Implement a system for tracking and measure key KPIs to ensure sales targets and velocities are met
- Collaborate with the Field Marketing team to support key markets and ensure marketing dollars are being spent most effectively
- Work with Co-Founders to establish broader sales strategy and growth plan
Who You Are
- Self-motivated go-getter who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment and is passionate about the ocean-positive mission of 12 Tides
- 5+ years CPG sales experience
- A keen understanding of sales data across all channels
- Experience working with outside brokers and merchandising partners
- Experience with conventional, club and foodservice a plus
Salary & Benefits
- $80,000 - $90,000 DOE + annual bonuses based on sales performance
- Potential equity consideration
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Paid sick time
- Health insurance reimbursement
- Start date: Immediate
Commitment to Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
12 Tides provides Equal Employment Opportunities and will review all applications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, disability, marital status, military status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.