Who We Are
12 Tides is an ocean-friendly food company based in San Francisco, CA. Our mission is to transform the food system into a force for good for our oceans, starting with our tasty organic kelp snacks. We source organic kelp from regenerative ocean farms in the US to incorporate it into better-for-you, ocean-friendly foods. 12 Tides is a Certified B Corp and contributes 1% of sales to support kelp forest restoration with our non-profit partner SeaTrees. We also package our snacks in compostable pouches, to help lead the food industry away from petroleum-based plastic packaging. Together we are turning the tide on climate change, one kelp chip at a time.
You will lead the development of HR processes/systems and be the primary point of contact for any HR-related issues at 12 Tides. This position is based in San Francisco, California. Start date is immediate.
- Design HR processes and systems in compliance with all labor laws of the State of California and the City of San Francisco
- Handle any HR-related issues directly with employees
- Manage hiring and recruitment for quickly growing startup
- Implement a streamlined employee training system
- Revamp our employee feedback and review process
- Run weekly payroll and handle any payroll disputes or corrections
- Assist in benefits administration, including 401k and CalChoice
- Make 12 Tides a great place to work
Who You Are
- 3-5+ years of HR experience
- Familiarity with payroll systems (Gusto) and time tracking systems (Homebase)
- Knowledge of all California state and San Francisco city labor laws
- Spanish language skills a plus
Salary, Schedule & Benefits
- Salary is $35 - $45 per hour depending on experience
- 20-25 hours per week - set your own hours between 7AM and 5PM M-F (no weekend or evening work)
- This is an on-site position in the Dogpatch neighborhood in San Francisco
- Health insurance benefit
- Start date: ASAP
12 Tides provides Equal Employment Opportunities and will review all applications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, disability, marital status, military status or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.