Receive, store, and issue spare parts and supplies for industrial equipment and facility repair. Maintain a safe, organized, and clean parts rooms.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Keep parts warehouse clean, organized & uncluttered.
- Receive part deliveries and confirm delivery matches shipping documents, record in inventory database, tag parts with item number/description as needed, and stock in proper warehouse location.
- Issue parts to maintenance staff. Document item/part number, qty, requester name and equipment/work order number. Assist in identifying parts and equipment as needed.
- Complete inventory counts, notify Buyer of variances and, enter updates into inventory database.
- Use inventory database and ERP to record and track all inventory transactions
- Confirm all parts are marked properly and assist with obsolete disposals as directed by Buyer
- Assist with document management including packing slips and manuals
- Pick up freight from the receiving dock, assist with unloading trucks, and deliver parts as needed.
- Utilize a wide variety of hand, portable and power tools to perform assignments, including forklift, scissor lift. and pallet jacks as needed
- Monitor and promptly respond to company and department requests via various communication platforms (email, voicemail, IM, radios, etc.).
- Comply with the rules and regulations set forth in Amy's Kitchen Inc. employee handbook, safety manual and the GMP booklet.
- Follow lockout/tagout safety procedures during service and repair.
- Use personal protective equipment as required.
- During peak season or based on company needs overtime is required.
- Additional tasks may be assigned by Maintenance Buyer and Maintenance Manager
- Pick up and deliver parts and supplies to vendors and other work sites.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.Qualifications And Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Basic computer competency and valid state driver’s license required. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires a well-rounded and experienced knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment and materials used in assigned skill trade area.LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. . Must be able to read, write, and speak English effectively.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to read manuals and understand part and equipment diagrams.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job effectively. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the candidate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; kneel, crouch, stoop or crawl, talk or hear; taste or smell. The candidate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The position requires moderate amounts of movement, reaching, stretching, lifting, pulling, pushing, and rapid movement.