The Training Manager is key to the success of manufacturing training and development at Amy’s Kitchen. This person must have a solid training foundation and be able to balance different types of training programs (onboarding, work and food safety, job specific training, leadership development). A key focus for this role is to grow the leadership competencies of all leaders through training, individual coaching, development plans, and programs supporting continued growth. It is critical this person is dynamic, motivated, a strong facilitator and able to build relationships across all stakeholder groups. This leader needs to be a strong communicator and partner with department leaders to efficiently incorporate training requirements into day-to-day operations, grow our leader’s competencies, drive department’s training initiatives, and assess evolving training needs. This role will motivate, lead, and develop a team of training specialists across three shifts. This role is responsible for creating and managing the learning and development/training programs and promoting a learning environment that will drive operational results.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Manage and grow Training programs
New Employee Onboarding
Compliance and Regulatory Training
- Ensure standardized onboarding program is followed and that incoming temps and direct hires have a positive onboarding experience and learn the skills necessary to be successful in their job.
- Ensure General Onboarding plan and role specific new hire training guides are followed, and training is documented.
- Maintain line of communication with People & Recruiting teams to receive timely information of any incoming temps, direct hires to ensure they are trained adequately and have a positive onboarding experience.
- Ensure Production Scheduler knows the status of all new hire training skills and that trainees are not scheduled outside of training until they have been released from training.
- Track buddy system and new hire tracking and be able to report out.
- Ensure all compliance and regulatory and record keeping is up to date and the plant is audit ready at all times:
- All MFG Monthly Food Safety & Workplace training requirements
- Role specific food & workplace safety requirements
- Maintains Compliance Reporting, ensuring plant leaders know the status of requirements. Communicates status proactively in MOS Process.
- Partner with plant leaders to efficiently incorporate new food and workplace safety changes into operations.
- Ensure theory course is taken initially and at least every 3 years there after
- Ensure machine specific LOTO on the job training is conducted and recorded in Coach.
- Manage the issuance of locks
- Audit locks annually
- Work with Safety to ensure annual audits are taking place
New People Leader Onboarding
- Ensures entire plant follows the Amy’s PIT Operator Certification Process
- Maintains PIT Reporting ensuring plant knows the status of who is certified to operate, upcoming re-certs needed and new pending certifications. Communicates proactively in MOS Process.
Job Specific Cross-Training & Continued Job Development
- Ensure new people leaders have strong onboarding experience and learn the skills necessary to be successful in their job.
- Ensure New People Leaders are assigned to the correct learning plan and track all trainings to ensure all onboarding is completed.
- Maintain line of communication with People & Recruiting teams to receive timely information of any new or promoted people leaders to ensure they are trained adequately and have a positive onboarding experience.
- Introduce new leaders to Amy’s Leadership competencies.
- Drive a Safety Always culture
- Identify and assess training needs, creating/updating tailored learning plans by department to ensure employees' skills continue to grow during their Amy’s journey.
- Ensures there is a process in place for cross training and continued skill development across all departments.
- Partner with department managers and supervisors to advise and provide guidance on updates needed for role specific department training programs. This includes role specific learning plans, training checklists, COACH observations (work instructions) and job aids.
- Partner with Engineering to ensure smooth transition and training plan for new equipment.
- Partner with Plant leaders to ensure smooth transition and training plan for new processes and products being launched.
- Responsible of actively embedding Amy’s Leadership competencies into all development activities.
- Responsible for developing, coaching, and growing the leadership skills of all manufacturing leaders.
Develop strong business partnerships
- Create / update training materials (as needed)
Continuous Improvement mindset
- Actively participate in plant MOS process, proactively getting involved
- Build strong relationships with all departments. Utilizes these relationships to help support improvement in processes, conditions, and equipment on the plant floor.
- Champions Amy’s Food and Workplace Safety Programs within the plant by raising issues and working closely with Safety & QFS to ensure effective training programs are in place.
- Collaborate with other Training Business Partners and Training Leadership Team to ensure training program consistency across plants and leverage overlapping work where possible.
- Collaborate with the plant management team to establish effective Key Performance Indicators KPIs and operational objectives that drive improvement year after year in the training programs.
Represent the plant in audits
- Evaluate and measure current training processes/programs to continue to optimize and grow training and development programs, sharing ideas and strategizing with fellow training managers at other plants.
- Identify areas that still need training developed or where training needs to be updated or evolve. Work with appropriate teams to identify program improvements.
Productivity and Performance
- Understand all training related audit requirements and participate in internal and external plant audits.
- Ensure the plant is audit ready at all times
- Ensure plant leadership is trained on accessing records in our LMS and that you are able to pull needed data during audits.
Team Management & Development Responsibilities
- Lead and participate in Root Cause Analyses, updating training materials as needed.
- Be an active participant, in daily Tier board activities.
- Responsible for providing training data that is timely and accurate, and update Tier boards with appropriate weekly updates.
- Proactively bring up training issues and work to resolve issues with leaders.
Directly manages Training Team. Supports team members in their work across all business units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Key Communications & Behaviors
- Monitors training team’s effectiveness assuming overall responsibility for the performance of the plant training.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training new team members.
- Manages the team’s time: Ensures all timekeeping, attendance, paid time off (PTO) and payroll records are accurate, approved and submitted on time.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement, problem solving and teamwork among team members.
- Support a culture based on engaged team members actively promoting ideas to improve the team and the training we do.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work.
- Manages the team’s performance and provides timely feedback.
- Timely Addresses complaints and resolves problems with team and stakeholders.
- Develops the team: Actively develops all team members. Coaches and mentors Supervisors and Team Leaders to inspire exceptional leadership.
- Effectively utilize the capabilities of Training Lead to ensure shift performance.
- Effectively communicate s , manage s, and lead s the training team.
- Maintains a positive work environment. Promotes a high level of teamwork by maintaining a cohesive group and by managing in a positive work environment that is inclusive and with an open-door policy at all levels.
Qualifications And Skills
- Detail oriented, results focused and highly organized.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Models the Amy’s core values. (Acts as an ambassador for Amy’s. Provides a warm welcome to new employees and is patient, helpful and supportive as they learn their new role.)
- Exhibits the following behaviors thinks long term, inspire others, great listener, and communicator, organized, a strong problem solver, collaborates well.
- Demonstrates the ability to partner with all plant leaders so that they can achieve plant KPI’s.
- Attends daily MOS review; actively helps the team solve problems.
- Attends weekly production scheduling meeting.
- Attends weekly recruiting meeting.
- Attends RCAs
- Effectively Communicates proactively with training team, entire Plant Management team and Sr Mgr., L&D
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment
- 5 years of experience in a training role
- 5 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Strong communication skills
- Constructively and expeditiously confronts and resolves employee conflicts.
- Ability to write reports and work instructions and build presentations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and teams in English.
- Strong Skills in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Data Analysis: Trends, Risks, Data Significance
- Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS)
- Willing to learn and grow within a development and coaching role
- Able to motivate, lead, and coach employees
- Able to effectively support and listen to employees
- Able to give timely feedback in a constructive manner
- Able to effectively facilitate classroom and on the job training
- Bilingual (preferred) - Proficient in written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
None PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.