The primary objective of the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler is to improve the efficiency and productivity of the Maintenance Department. This will be accomplished by providing the employees with detailed job plans, including technical specifications, machinery history, parts and tools lists, and safety procedures in an organized fashion. The Planner/Scheduler is also responsible to provide all necessary information to ensure assigned work is completed in a safe, efficient, and timely manner and in compliance with environmental requirements.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This is a full-time opportunity on the first shift.Benefits
When you work at Amy’s you become part of the Amy’s family and we believe in taking care of each other. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage and a matching retirement savings plan.A TYPICAL DAY
- Assist Maintenance mechanics, leads, supervisors, and manager in identifying parts, equipment, and services needed to repair and maintain equipment and facilities.
- Provide leadership in assuring all requirements of the routine maintenance work process are utilized consistently and effectively to continuously improve the process and ensure goals are met.
- Interface daily with maintenance department personnel to review work orders for maintenance services. Review and provide input on definition, accuracy, and priority.
- Check the validity of the work orders and gather all pertinent information.
- Track area planning backlog & work order progress ensuring data is current & accurate.
- Coordinate receiving of scheduling, and processing of all maintenance orders and inquiries, including a comprehensive and ever evolving Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Assist maintenance mechanics with their assigned work by providing hands on knowledge and expertise.
- Responsible for scheduling work orders and preventative maintenance.
- Work closely with the plant planner to schedule work orders and preventative maintenance
- Responsible for continuously update the Maintenance Management System with new data as received
- Must have collaborative relationship with maintenance buyer and clerk(s)
- Work with maintenance buyer to cultivate productive supplier relationships that deliver the highest total value to Amy’s.
- Perform the maintenance parts clerk responsibility as needed and in compliance with Amy’s policies and best practices.
- Partner closely with internal customers to understand and deliver innovative solutions.
- Participate in storeroom organization and cycle counts.
- Responsible for part kitting.
- Ability to understand and interpret manuals to ascertain type and specification of parts.
- Document control of all equipment records, drawings, and manuals.
- Maintain accurate maintenance logs and records.
- Coordinate and assist in all maintenance internal and external audits.
- Generate Amy’s Standard KPIs and provide regular reports.
- Follow standards, best practices, and participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance of all work activities to Amy’s policies and procedures federal, state, and local laws.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the systems and procedures that support SQF.
- During peak season or base on company needs overtime is required.
- Support maintenance manager, safety manager, and environmental coordinator as needed.
- Equipment calibrations and proper disposal of recycle and waste items as needed.
- Disposal of obsolete materials in accordance with Amy’s policies and maintain general order.
- Be responsible to perform any other task, duty, or assignment that may be deemed necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of maintenance processes in a manufacturing setting
- Ability to organize and manage a large amount of data and experience in multitasking
- Able to maintain a positive attitude in a fast-moving ever-changing work environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills: able to work with senior management, suppliers, and cross functional teams.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
Associates degree and or two to four years of experience in an inventory and planning role with an industrial or commercial company. Requires a well-rounded and experienced knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment, and materials used in assigned skill trade area.About Us
We are a family owned, proudly independent organic food company and Certified B Corporation® whose purpose is to make it easy and enjoyable for everyone to eat well. Amy’s is committed to cooking authentic great tasting food with high quality, meticulously sourced organic ingredients and making them convenient for consumers.
Working at one of our Plant Kitchens is an opportunity to join the Amy’s family and take pride in working hard at something that matters. Build a career in manufacturing and make a difference!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)