Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Category Marketing Director for Core Categories (Beverages, Snacks, Cereal and Sugar Confection) will lead the crafting and implementation of the category visions and strategies that unlock growth for Cargill Food Solutions. You and your team will identify, develop, and lead world class business to business marketing initiatives delivered through a cross functional team. In this role, you will develop and apply in depth knowledge of business drivers and category offerings and identify compelling value propositions that resonate with customers and deliver business goals.
- Provide marketing thought leadership into the development of the long term, North America category strategy and annual marketing plans.
- Leverage strong business acumen and a P&L mindset to establish the importance of category marketing to drive business growth rooted in customer, category, and consumer insight.
- Understand and apply market dynamics, customer needs, competitor intelligence and consumer behaviors to identify compelling insights and opportunities for value capture. Partner with Insights & Analytics to ensure breadth and depth of customer and consumer learning aligns with strategic needs.
- Drive innovation by translating outside market and category trends and insights into tangible, value add business opportunities to ensure the category project portfolio is balanced and spans both tactical and strategic timeframes.
- Lead the category marketing team to create category-specific marketing plans in partnership with marketing subject matter experts and cross functional teams including sales and product managers.
- Provide coaching and development to the team to build a robust marketing talent pipeline.
- Build and maintain critical relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Provide marketing updates to key stakeholders to keep them apprised of major consumer trends and technical, regulatory, and manufacturing influences on current and potential product ranges.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience.
- Experience leading complex innovation projects from concept generation to commercialization.
- Supervisory, team leadership experience.
- Master's degree or Master's of Business Administration in Marketing.
- Food, business to business or business to customer industry experience.
- Experience building and establishing teams in highly matrixed, dynamic environments.
- Highly skilled in leading with influence and gaining stakeholder buy-in.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet