About the Organization
ClimateWorks Foundation is a global organization committed to our mission: to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy. Since our founding in 2008, we have awarded over $1.7 billion in grants to more than 750 organizations advancing climate solutions around the world. We helped grow the field of climate philanthropy to where it stands today, establishing infrastructure, global networks, and momentum for continued growth. Through our Global Programs and Services, we equip philanthropy with global knowledge, networks, and solutions to drive climate progress.
- Scaling solutions: Our collaborative Global Programs — focused on solution areas including carbon dioxide removal, cooling, industry, transportation, and more — produce results that are bending the greenhouse gas emissions curve. From the U.S. to Europe, China, Brazil, and beyond, we collaborate with a diverse community of funders, NGOs, and climate leaders to accelerate just and equitable climate solutions.
- Guiding and supporting funders: Our Global Services provide funders with comprehensive resources to assess, build, evolve, and execute high-impact climate-giving strategies. Our Global Intelligence service equips funders and the climate community with climate insights to pinpoint opportunities for impact and philanthropic insights to help identify investment priorities. We facilitate Global Collaborations that enable funders to increase individual and collective impact. Our Global Grantmaking services enable funders to invest in climate solutions around the world.
- Fostering collaboration, exploration, and growth: Our collaborative approach and commitment to learning ensures that we continuously explore innovative ideas and emerging opportunities — all with the aim of scaling philanthropy-supported initiatives to help end the climate crisis.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, ClimateWorks’ staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, and grantmakers who care passionately about our mission. For more information, please visit www.climateworks.org.
The Executive Office is the home of ClimateWorks’ President & CEO and plays a key role in supporting ClimateWorks’ leadership in its mission to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy.
The Executive Office manages the CEO’s activities to promote greater coordination and partnership across the climate solutions ecosystem; coordinates the activities of the ClimateWorks Board of Directors to ensure strategic focus and good governance; manages the agendas of ClimateWorks’ executive leadership team; and participates or leads on several internal organization-wide activities including All-Staff meetings, retreats, and internal communications.
The Senior Engagement Manager, Executive Office (“Engagement Manager”) serves in the Executive Office and reports to the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Engagement Manager supports the President & CEO in her role by advising her on opportunities and priorities for speaking and other engagements, coordinating input and preparing materials, and assisting the President & CEO in organizing her daily workflow and tasks. As a member of the small Executive Office team, the Engagement Manager also provides support to the Office’s overall priorities when needed.
The Engagement Manager may represent the President & CEO both internally and externally, and therefore, must have good judgment and significant initiative across a broad spectrum of activities and situations. The Engagement Manager must be an independent and experienced professional with strong organizational and excellent interpersonal skills.
The Senior Engagement Manager, Executive Office will perform the following and other duties as assigned by the President & CEO:
- Serve as coordinator and point of contact for the President & CEO’s invitations and opportunities to speak or participate in meetings, roundtables, task forces, and other engagements related to the mission of the Foundation.
- Work closely with teams across ClimateWorks and use professional judgment to assist the President & CEO in evaluating and executing her priorities, particularly related to external engagements, and as appropriate passing engagements on to others.
- Track all internal and external engagements for the President & CEO. Gather input and coordinate with staff across the Foundation to assemble preparatory materials and manage post-engagement follow-up.
- Work alongside the Executive Assistant to the President & CEO to ensure seamless planning of travel itineraries, meeting schedules, transportation, and briefing materials.
- Work closely with the Public Affairs Director, who is point for the President & CEO on all talking points, media engagements, and public speaking engagements.
- Assist the President & CEO in organizing her daily workflow and tasks, developing and maintaining systems for tracking and prioritizing tasks and deadlines.
- Provide additional support to the Executive Office’s priorities when needed.
- Play an active role in support of ClimateWorks’ values at the team and departmental level, as well as within the Foundation, and when interacting with the climate philanthropy community.
- 7+ years experience supporting executive leadership from an administrative or project management standpoint.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the climate civil society organization space and/or philanthropic sector, including implementing partner organizations, funders, and how they act together and with private and public partners to create change.
- Highly organized project manager, with demonstrated ability to use software tools to compile dockets and manage tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to develop and manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization. High degree of service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Capacity to apply discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities, while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Proficient with project management software (Asana), Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, or related software.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently (both virtually and in-person) with minimal supervision.
- A commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the drivers of climate change and climate change solutions, or related environmental issues is helpful but not required.
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).
Salary Range: $135,000 - $160,000 annually ***ClimateWorks strives to create an equitable culture of transparency and fairness.
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. This position is classified as SF-Based.
Commitment to Racial and Social Justice
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people — especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color — who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at ClimateWorks Foundation and as such we are committed to creating a diverse and multi-cultural work environment. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race), ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
ClimateWorks Foundation is committed to complying with all laws protecting qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as employees’ religious beliefs and practices. This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment. ClimateWorks Foundation will provide a reasonable accommodation for any known physical or mental disability of a qualified individual and/or employees’ religious beliefs and practices, as required by law.
If you require an accommodation, please notify Human Resources. Once ClimateWorks Foundation is aware of the need for an accommodation, it will engage in an interactive process to identify possible accommodations.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.
Employment at the ClimateWorks Foundation is at-will.
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package:
Multiple options available through Kaiser & UHC
- HMO - 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- POS - Employee pays difference beyond HMO coverage (3 out of 4 POS options are at 100% coverage for employee and dependents)
- Dental –100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Vision – 100% coverage for employee and dependents
- Fertility care through Carrot Fertility. Access to on-demand doctor-approved content, pregnancy support, and virtual chats with medical, legal, and regulatory experts.
Disability Benefit (long and short-term)
Life Insurance (3x base salary up to $750k for employee only)
- 20 days (1st year)
- 25 days (2nd - 8th year)
- 30 days (9th year)
- 11 Observed and 2 floating
- After 6 months of service, CWF automatically contributes 9% of gross earnings per pay period to retirement fund*
- After 6 months of service, CWF matches 100% of employee contributions up to a max of 6% of gross earnings per pay period*